Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

Registered
Sending an extra prayer for protection. The older we get the harder these become. And be kind to the doctors and nurses! I have to keep reminding myself of that one.

Administrator
You'll do fine. See ya in a couple of days!:thumb:

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
Thank you to everyone for all the prayers & well wishes. Now comes the hard part. Nothing to eat or drink all day then surgery. Thanks again & I'll post an update later if I'm able. Or maybe tomorrow. LOL

BW

Registered
The "no-eating" is for YOUR protection as much as it is for the medical staff. Remember the one lady who farted during surgery and had her flatulence ignited by the laser? :eek: Even without the laser and fire, I'm sure it was pretty traumatic for everyone involved. :p

I know this is probably late, but hope your surgery goes off without a hitch.

Completely different time zone over here. :mellow:

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE

Registered
Going in for hernia surgery tomorrow at 4:30pm. Should be a snap but just in case it isn't it's been fun on here. At 71 you never know what can happen. I wanted arthroscopic but too much scar tissue from the prostate cancer surgery. DAM!!! Hope to be back soon. :)
BW
Sad but true, you never know what will happen. I will pray.

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
UPDATE UPDATE!!!
Surgery went very well. About 45 minutes on the table. Dr said it was quite large. Rough night for sleeping in my recliner but couldn't get in & out of bed easily. Sore as hell today but that's expected. Finally got to eat after 24 hours. LOL Now resting for a while then a short walk. Thank you all again for the prayers & well wishes. The is the best forum & the greatest members. :)

BW

Super Moderator
Glad to hear it went well. Don't over do it right away and get healed up quickly.

Reactions: RustyYoungMan

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
Glad to hear it went well. Don't over do it right away and get healed up quickly.
You can bet I won't overdo. Wife took off work until follow up appt. 12/13. She's a typical doting Italian mother! :)

BW

Registered
Congrats on the surgery. remember to get up and move around. It really helps with recovery.
I find out Tuesday what surgery they are going to do on my legs after the CT scan on Monday.

Supporting Moderator
It's nice to hear things went well :thumb: now follow the Dr's orders.

Registered
Discussion Starter #35
UPDATGE!! Getting around a little better. Still kind of sore but haven't taken any pain meds since Saturday morning. Going for a short walk today. Need to get away from the doting Italian wife for a while. Don't get me wrong I love her to pieces & she has done everything I need but she can be a little overbearing at times. She took off from work until my follow up appt. on the 13th. :)

BW

Registered
I am glad to hear that it is going good and it sounds like the wife is taking great care of you ! Take your time healing and do not try to do too much too soon !

Registered
That's great! Push but not too hard. That walk should feel good too.

I just got back from my CT scan and should have the results tomorrow. So yeah I'm wishing us both good luck.

Reactions: BW64

Registered
Discussion Starter #38
Thanks to all for the thoughts, prayers & well wishes. Nice to know I have an extended family here at TA!!! :)

BW

Reactions: kmw1954

Registered
Discussion Starter #39
Post op checkup today. All is perfect. I only have a 1 inch cut. I really expected something around 3-4 inches. Great surgeon. Now to live for 4 more weeks without lifting anything. :)

BW

Registered
That's awesome BW!!!! I love when everything goes according to plan. No lifting now, not even the kiddies at Christmas time....

21 - 40 of 42 Posts