Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have an Academy in your area and want a PT92 they have it for $379. Blued no rail.

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
That's good news! Don't need a PT92, but the fact that they're running any kind of gun sale is a plus. For the last couple of months, even their big sunday newspaper ad has only featured a couple of shotguns, some airsoft guns, and NO ammo. Maybe signs that the drought is breaking up.

·
Registered
24,898 Posts
Thanks for that and nothing against the PT92 but I already have a Beretta Mod 92 and I love it.

·
Registered
14,128 Posts
Thanks for that and nothing against the PT92 but I already have a Beretta Mod 92 and I love it.
If you love your current Beretta MOD 92, just think how much you would love the new and improved Beretta Mod 92 called the Taurus PT92....lol.

Just kidding, one of my favorite pistols was my Beretta 96 .40s&w stainless. At least it was up until I sold it.

While the Beretta and the Taurus are pretty much 2 pigs in a poke, each will have their followers that prefer one over the other....for whatever reason.

I know for me, part of what made my Beretta my favorite was that it didn't say Taurus plastered on the bill board slide face. Now the majority of my little collection say Taurus.

As for the Taurus PT92 being offered at Academy for $379 that is one heck of a price for a semi auto all metal and alloy 9mm with a lifetime warranty. I had tried to go out and pick one up at a couple of store locations near me, but all were sold out. I am however expecting the PT92 stainless that I picked up off of gunbroker.com to be delivered to my FFL sometime today. I gave $404 plus shipping NIB..and I think that was a bargain.

So Austin, did you pick one up for yourself?

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you love your current Beretta MOD 92, just think how much you would love the new and improved Beretta Mod 92 called the Taurus PT92....lol.

Just kidding, one of my favorite pistols was my Beretta 96 .40s&w stainless. At least it was up until I sold it.

While the Beretta and the Taurus are pretty much 2 pigs in a poke, each will have their followers that prefer one over the other....for whatever reason.

I know for me, part of what made my Beretta my favorite was that it didn't say Taurus plastered on the bill board slide face. Now the majority of my little collection say Taurus.

As for the Taurus PT92 being offered at Academy for $379 that is one heck of a price for a semi auto all metal and alloy 9mm with a lifetime warranty. I had tried to go out and pick one up at a couple of store locations near me, but all were sold out. I am however expecting the PT92 stainless that I picked up off of gunbroker.com to be delivered to my FFL sometime today. I gave $404 plus shipping NIB..and I think that was a bargain.

So Austin, did you pick one up for yourself?
I didn't buy one because I'm afraid of my wife but I received some thing in mail that may just warrant a what the well celebratory purchase!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369181321.922186.jpg

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I have a beretta 92 and a PT92. Both are great guns but only one has a lifetime warranty and can be had for $329 during Black Friday.

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
A PT-92 for $379 depresses me. Because there are no Academy's near by.
Same goes for me, cost me about $500 for mine with tax and background checks. Duo-tone with a rail, even though I would have preferred no rail. But I still feel I got more than what I paid for every time I shoot it.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Congrats, Tex!

Reactions: Texheim

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Great pistol great price and taurus actually bought out beretta,s factory in brazil
jhp

·
Registered
53 Posts
Got one of these 3 months ago. LOVE THIS GUN! Took it out ran some rounds through it. Loved the safety features. Accuracy was excellelent!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts