Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to remove a stripped tiny as all get out hex head screw from a CT Laserguard? Was trying to replace the batteries when I stripped the screw that is up toward the muzzle. I was able to pry the sight off the gun without breaking it.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
A left hand drill bit will usually get it, if it does not start to spin they make some pretty small extractors.

Reactions: tservice

·
10,379 Posts
Should be able to find an EZOut that'll fit it, they're now making them small enough to work on glasses and jewelry. If the head is intact, have you tried to cut a straight line in the head and use a screwdriver to get it out?

Reactions: darbo

·
Premium Member
10,104 Posts
I hate to say it, but, that is a very tiny screw. Even if you get it out, you will need a replacement screw. Have you contacted the Company?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Take a dremel cut off wheel and cut off the tip of the allen head tool so that you have fresh points on the tool. Some times this works as usually its the tool that strips. There is not much meat at the point tips of the tool and they strip easily. I have done this many times with success. Good Luck

Reactions: chicharrones

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Take a dremel cut off wheel and cut off the tip of the allen head tool so that you have fresh points on the tool. Some times this works as usually its the tool that strips. There is not much meat at the point tips of the tool and they strip easily. I have done this many times with success. Good Luck
Good point, the corners on the allen wrench itself can indeed round off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts