Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
22,323 Posts
It's a shame most school districts have zero tolerance policies too strict to even teach gun safety. Of course, "don't point this at people" should be common sense, but then again a lot of people underestimate air rifles.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
If you can kill a squirrel or any small animal at close range with one, something larger isn't out of the realm of possibility.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
It all comes down to ignorance and total disregard for another's safety.:mad:

·
Super Moderator
40,518 Posts
Just plain stupidity, but that seems to run ramped lately.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
What a tragedy. Young people often don't understand the consequences of their actions. (Ditto some older ones, too, I guess.). Sad.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
In college I had a crosman co2 revolver. We used to shoot beer cans full of water, the pellets would shatter the first one and sometimes pass through a second. and that was only 450 fps. Totally wouldn't want to be shot by one close to sonic.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
1: Treat every firearm as if it's loaded.2: Never point a firearm at anything you are not willing to destroy.3: Always be sure of your target and what is beyond it.4: Keep your finger off the trigger until you are on target and ready to fire.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
It's a shame most school districts have zero tolerance policies too strict to even teach gun safety. Of course, "don't point this at people" should be common sense, but then again a lot of people underestimate air rifles.

Know how to use.jpg

·
32,534 Posts
The four rules of gun safety that mingaa put up and the Eddie Eagle Program can help a lot. Anyone who gives a youngster a pellet/bb gun needs to make sure the kid is supervised, is taught the 4 gun safety rules and rudimentary gun training.

·
Registered
64 Posts
;DI remember my first/last BB gun. Set up targets. Shot em down. Dad walks to set up targets. Shoot dad in the ass. Dad takes BB gun and snaps it in half. Dad takes son and attempts to snap him in half. Worst ass whoopin a six year old has ever had. Trust me.

I now know what, Gun Safety is all about.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Some people refuse to learn..:(

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
;DI remember my first/last BB gun. Set up targets. Shot em down. Dad walks to set up targets. Shoot dad in the ass. Dad takes BB gun and snaps it in half. Dad takes son and attempts to snap him in half. Worst ass whoopin a six year old has ever had. Trust me.

I now know what, Gun Safety is all about.

LOL-2.gif

Reactions: PCS01

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
At least they got the terminolgy right and didn't call it an accidental discharge.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I always thought firearm safety classes should be mandatory in our schools.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,960 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Parents who know nothing of firearms would make poor teachers. Schools could offer accredited firearm instructors. In this day and age everyone will come into close proximity of a weapon in thier lifetime.
Make it part of the mandatory PE requirement. Just devote a week of class to gun safety topics. Use prop guns, I don't care, just teach them how not to shoot their friend by accident.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts