Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I remove those stupid rubber grips from My 454 Raging Bull?

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Beats me! Why would you want to? Are they that bad???

·
Super Moderator
37,017 Posts
If they are the ones with the red stripe on the backstrap, I could be interested! ;)

My CP 44 has a thinner rear grip which punishes my hand. Not sure how to get them off however, sorry about that...and welcome from Northern Illinois!

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
And replace with what?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am going to disassemble the pistol ,clean it, look for wear and tear , lubricate it and then reassemble it. If I can find another, sharp looking pair of grips, I'll replace them. To Me, the orange racing stripe grips are pretty unattractive. Plus they are pretty faded. I took down My model 66 without a problem. Just something about these dang things.....and oh , thanks for the greeting, Czechbikr! Swing by sometime and We can grab a beer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ozzy, I can't go with wood 'cause of the recoil and I still want to be able to write and tie My shoes and all the other stuff Ya got to do with your hands.so I don't know, maybe pachmeyer or something.... but wood is a classy look, don't ya think?

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Ozzy, I can't go with wood 'cause of the recoil and I still want to be able to write and tie My shoes and all the other stuff Ya got to do with your hands.so I don't know, maybe pachmeyer or something.... but wood is a classy look, don't ya think?
Wood is good!

Reactions: pops326

·
Super Moderator
37,017 Posts

I have read good things about the Scorpion grip also and contacted them to see if they fit on my 44 CP Taurus and they sent back that they do not which means that the Raging Bull racing strip grips would probably not work either. :(

Thanks for the invitation pops! Watch for the Milford Hills Wisconsin meetup...we have been known to gather up at that club which is about 35 miles West of Madison, WI for a couple of days of shooting, eating and drinking (the last after the first has been completed!).

Reactions: chicagotrauma

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I actually have never had the grips off of my Bull, but I think you need to take the screw in the bottom out and then just pull them off the bottom. I believe they work kinda like Hogue grips.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I have them on mine and I don't ever plan on replacing them until they wear out...:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Fellas, I guess I'm stupid, not the rubber grips #1 remove hex head screw. #2 pull the grips straight off! I hope that I have saved everyone in the English speaking world countless hours of hand wringing, teeth gnashing and head scratching!!!! Special thanks to all of you and Mr. Bob Dunlap of the Ameican Gunsmithing Institute. I don't know what time it is where You are, but for Me it's time to have a BEER.

·
Super Moderator
37,017 Posts
Thanks Fellas, I guess I'm stupid, not the rubber grips #1 remove hex head screw. #2 pull the grips straight off! I hope that I have saved everyone in the English speaking world countless hours of hand wringing, teeth gnashing and head scratching!!!! Special thanks to all of you and Mr. Bob Dunlap of the Ameican Gunsmithing Institute. I don't know what time it is where You are, but for Me it's time to have a BEER.
You're not off the hook yet...we still want to see the new grips that you put on! ;D;D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts