Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i have a quick question. Is the slide lock supposed to be able to be engaged without a magazine in the gun? I just finished cleaning my duo tone for the second time and find that the slide lock doesnt operate unless a magazine is in place. I dont know if I have done something wrong or not. Everything else seesm fine and the slide lock engages properly when a magazine is there.

Thanks

Bob

·
Premium Member
17,743 Posts
You've got to push it up with your thumb if there's no mag there. It relies on the mag follower to push it up.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
What's hard for me is holding the slide open far enough and long enough to engage the slide lock.

·
Premium Member
17,743 Posts
Gee thanks guys. it seems pretty hard to manually activate the lock without a magazine in place , maybe that's because it still is pretty new.
It can be difficult, and somewhat awkward, but you'll get used to it.

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
Like glenwolde said, practice!

You will find this group is pretty laid back. Don't worry about "stupid" questions, ask away. The general consensus here is that the stupid question is the one not asked

Welcome from north Texas!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Noob, you are not stupid, you are smart for coming to the right place to ask the question. That's why I'm here. I've been shooting a couple of years now and I'm STILL a noob, actually. :)

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Well darn you have made me feel smart. Been there Done that, been stupid more than once. BTW welcome from West Texas.

·
Super Moderator
42,033 Posts
Welcome aboard from Northern Illinois! We were all newbies once and if we continue to grow and learn, will be again.

You have additionally demonstrated a lot of intelligence in selecting the PT 1911, mine is my favorite pistol!

Reactions: Wingshot

·
Registered
21,219 Posts
We leave the flaming for other forums.

Welcome from Texas!

Reactions: Wingshot

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Gee thanks guys. it seems pretty hard to manually activate the lock without a magazine in place , maybe that's because it still is pretty new.
IT will be hard on the ole thumb for a while,you will get used to it,plus clean it well and putting some gun oil in the right places will do wonders

·
Registered
38,432 Posts
Hey i have a quick question. Is the slide lock supposed to be able to be engaged without a magazine in the gun? I just finished cleaning my duo tone for the second time and find that the slide lock doesnt operate unless a magazine is in place. I dont know if I have done something wrong or not. Everything else seesm fine and the slide lock engages properly when a magazine is there.
Thanks
Bob
Welcome to the forum!
yep its working as it should as my esteemed forum posters have pointed out.
Make sure the weapon is unloaded, pull the slide back and lock it, insert an empty magazine, look into the slide opening and you should see a little lug thats resting on the magzine ledge on the left side.
the magazine ledge raises up on the last round being removed from the magazine and engages the slide lock.
Hold the slide rearward and push down on the slide lock while observing through the slide opening and you will see the lug move down and allow the slide to move forward.--watch your fingers!!--probally should have said that first!!---GriiN.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.