Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between a PT-145 and a 24/7 G2 Compact .45

I have the kholster already for the PT, which was stolen a couple of weeks ago. Can I remold the kydex to fit the G2?

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Not sure how much difference there is between the two, but I have used a hair dryer to reshape kydex.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss that just makes me mad :mad: But you can buy both then git another kholster. Then you'l be twice as happy;)

·
Registered
29,846 Posts
The kydex can be "remolded" just don't get too carried away with the heat or you may "remold" your G2.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You can purchase a sheet of Kydex from Knifekits.com so you do not have to remold your existing setup. I think it'll cost you about 7 bucks or so. Then use a toaster oven to heat it up and press fit it around the pistol.

·
Registered
55 Posts
All jokes aside I'd stick with what I know. Then later expand my collection. Stupid question do you own a gun safe? If not you can get a bolt on pistol safe fairly cheap.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All jokes aside I'd stick with what I know. Then later expand my collection. Stupid question do you own a gun safe? If not you can get a bolt on pistol safe fairly cheap.
Yes. I had a gunvault biometric pistol safe, which my PT-145 was in, and they stole it. (it was tethered to my bed with the safety cable, they cut that with my own kitchen knife)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts