Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is only my second post but I am sure most of you know about my first topic.

I have a cleaning issue and have tried a few things to do a proper cleaning of the area in question but it is hopeless and gets worse after each range trip.

I will upload pictures so you know for sure what I am talking about.
I am aware that wear marks will occur but this is more of a stain, some will come off after a tough scrub but not enough.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just cleaned mine this morning. here's what ya need. At chinamart or any other gun shop you will find a 3 brush kit. nylon, bronze, and stainless. They kind of look like tooth brushes. the first 2 are harmless to your finish, but, the stainless brush is real aggressive. it WILL leave scratches on the exterior of your gun, but it did a great job on the breach face on my 45. that and some hoppes number 9 should do the trick.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
coy1369 said:
I just cleaned mine this morning. here's what ya need. At chinamart or any other gun shop you will find a 3 brush kit. nylon, bronze, and stainless. They kind of look like tooth brushes. the first 2 are harmless to your finish, but, the stainless brush is real aggressive. it WILL leave scratches on the exterior of your gun, but it did a great job on the breach face on my 45. that and some hoppes number 9 should do the trick.
I wanted to stay away from the stainless brush, I have just been using a nylon brush and Hoppes #9. I will however try the bronze brush & hopefully it gets the same cleaning results.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
this sounds dumb but when I clean the feed ramp I always use my dry thumb and thumb nail and it takes the crud off better then using solvent and a brass brush, i dont know why but it does and it might work in the area you are trying to clean

·
Administrator
18,297 Posts
Some Noxon7, Brasso, Flitz, or Blue Magic, on a soft toothbrush or soft cloth/patch should take care of it, but I wouldn't go too nuts about it, appearancewise. You just don't want buildup of carbon there.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
I use the nylon and bronze, never stainless, I throw them out. I saturate a cutip to soak the area with hoppes #9 and scrub with the bronze brush.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mp3mogul said:
I use the nylon and bronze, never stainless, I throw them out. I saturate a cutip to soak the area with hoppes #9 and scrub with the bronze brush.
That was my idea but I am having trouble locating a brass/bronze brush. Tried the closest Academy and they where out of stock. I have neglected to look at the gun range store, where I target shoot.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
orlandodriver said:
Walmart Has them i picked one up yesterday less then 2 bucks
Roger & thanks

...No Problem cleaning the spot with the brass brush.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts