Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at Bud's website and just amazed at how much their stock has been depleted in the past day or two. I'm just not sure if this means Christmas sales are brisk or if it's a reaction to the upcoming Democrat controlled congress. Unlike the gun grabber scares of the Obama error, .22 long rifle ammo is still available.

Reactions: Rossi

·
Super Moderator
20,013 Posts
Certainly wouldn’t hurt to stock up on ANY ammo you might need at any time. I doubt the dimm controlled House will threaten very much. Almost like having another term of lame duck HORs. They will scream and make a lot of noise but, truth be told, I’m kinda in the need for some slapstick comedy from congress.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
I was looking at Bud's website and just amazed at how much their stock has been depleted in the past day or two. I'm just not sure if this means Christmas sales are brisk or if it's a reaction to the upcoming Democrat controlled congress. Unlike the gun grabber scares of the Obama error, .22 long rifle ammo is still available.
The Democrats are going to pass a slew of gun control measures, they've already promised that. They do not control the Senate however so it's all just political posturing to their base for 2020.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
The Democrats are going to pass a slew of gun control measures, they've already promised that. They do not control the Senate however so it's all just political posturing to their base for 2020.
I don't want to get this thread moved to the Politics section, but twitch mcconnel is NO HERO, and I feel Trump would 'make a deal', at some point. Talk about the bump stock ban started floating around right after the mid-terms.

That said, hopefully Bud's is just experiencing the booming economy, but I feel it's always best to buy what you can, while you can.

·
Registered
36,790 Posts
Certainly wouldn’t hurt to stock up on ANY ammo you might need at any time. I doubt the dimm controlled House will threaten very much. Almost like having another term of lame duck HORs. They will scream and make a lot of noise but, truth be told, I’m kinda in the need for some slapstick comedy from congress.
ahh ummm???
seen this before I am pretty sure!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I have purchased tons of reloading accessories such as powder, bullets, primers and die sets. Ready for any shortage that may arise. Although I am seeing adds for barrels of ammo for $3.000 and up doubt there will be a shortage anytime soon. As for firearms I am waiting till spring or summer to purchase a Sig P365. Maybe prices will come down by then.

·
Premium Member
5,192 Posts
I was just at my local Academy store...the gun counter was very busy, but I didn't stick around long enough to see if anyone was actually buying anything...

·
Premium Member
13,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
At my LGS I did notice that a lot of people coming in trying to sell their guns and very disappointed at the prices they were getting. Especially when trying to sell their used ARs.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
At my LGS I did notice that a lot of people coming in trying to sell their guns and very disappointed at the prices they were getting. Especially when trying to sell their used ARs.
Was thinking of trading one of my handguns in for the P365. But like you said they want to give penny's on the dollar for your trade. Worth much more to me sitting in my safe.

·
Registered
32,163 Posts
The .22 long rifle ammo shortage had extra elements to it. In my opinion, it was all the "Prepper" TV shows that started coming on about 8 or 9 years ago that coincided along with the Obama administration fiasco more than the Sandy Hooks shooting. All popular Center-fire cartridges were in short supply for a few months after Sandy Hooks, which were better defensive rounds than the lowly .22 LR, although in a pinch, they were fine.

All ammo sales were brisk during the b o fiasco, and I still believe distributors saw the prepper run on .22 ammo as an opportunity of a new gold standard, and put their centerfire profits into pallets of .22 ammo in their warehouses, thus creating a real shortage of .22 rimfire.

As many remember, who were members during that time period, even big box stores that were supposed to have .22 rimfire, didn't. This was due to many managers of those stores creating their own black markets and withholding the .22 from their own retail counters. If the .22 made it to the retail counters, it was immediately bought up by the scavengers who also developed their own black markets.

I even managed to scavenge during that time, always kept a good supply on hand and provide friends, relatives and some members on the forum with .22 ammo, and did so reasonably, but I also had local gun shops that would pay $40-45 for 500 rounds of bulk .22 and resale them for $55-60.

I would guess there are billions if not trillions of .22 rounds still stacked in pallets in some gun shops back rooms, ammo distributors warehouses and scavengers garages, just collecting age and going the way of the Emu, Ostrich and Bitcoin.

I do not expect a shortage of .22 rimfire ammo in my lifetime. No, I don't have any pallets of the stuff, but probably do have 10-12,000 rounds, which I probably will never shoot 2,000 in my lifetime, and I also have a lot of centerfire ammo that will be left to my sons and grandsons.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
I think they'll talk a lot and threaten a lot to keep their base happy but, they want the whitehouse too
in 2020. They're not going to get too crazy.

They get the presidency and both houses of congress in 2020 we're doomed.

All the Best,
D. White

Reactions: Jake3501

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
My LGS was quite busy yesterday.I stopped in to get one off of layaway and make a payment on another still in jail.Lots of guns going out the door.Not enough counter space to fill out the paperwork.

·
Super Moderator
37,252 Posts
The LGS I visited last week and the one yesterday were fairly busy with the first being more populated than the second. It's always been my theory that after Christmas and any of the highly publicized horrific shooting events that people will run out to buy the firearm that they don't have yet in their collection, whether it be AR's in 5.56, .308, 300 BLK, etc. When it's a new caliber for them they need to lay in a stock of ammo for those particular guns which accounts for larger sales than typical usage would dictate. Throw in a scare of shortage and you've got a run on everything.

·
Premium Member
5,192 Posts
It was a 3hr line at the academy Black Friday gun counter
They had some good sales on guns (as far as I could tell). I purchased the 12-gun Sentinel safe....left home at 4:50, back home at 5:30 Black Friday morning. I didn't even venture back to the gun counter to see how things were back there.

·
Registered
32,163 Posts
Here is a scary thought, what if strong gun sales were going to the voters of the folks who want to take away our gun rights? I mean, there are those on the far left that know they are out gunned and are arming up.

Interesting trip to the barber shop today. An off duty policeman was visiting with the shop owner about a spate of shootings we have had in previously good areas of Lubbock, one only three streets over from my house last night and the same hundred block. A homeowner shot and killed a thief trying to break into his car.

A couple of weeks back, a car burgler shot and killed a homeowner who confronted him. The LEO said they even had reports that the thieves had sniper like helpers to target the homeowner as he came out the front door.

He also shared how many guns were taken in car burglaries and were the main reason autos parked outside were actually target for breaking into being for guns. A lot of the cars were being targeted had NRA decals or stickers, figuring the vehicles had guns inside.

Shipments of these stolen firearms that have been intercepted were in the Los Angeles or Chicago areas, all the way from Lubbock.

I have rarely parked any of my auto outside, and have learned my lesson to never leave anything in an auto parked outside of the garage, and to lock my doors inside the garage. I had a rare Bersa Thunder .22 with a 6" barrel stolen out of my console of my Yukpn when it was parked in my garage with the garage doors open in the daytime. That is pretty ballsy, but I should have at least locked my Yukon doors, even if I was just going to be in the house 15 minutes.

For those who don't think a Bersa Thunder .22 with a 6" barrel is rare, try to find one.

Reactions: Rossi

·
Premium Member
5,192 Posts
Here is a scary thought, what if strong gun sales were going to the voters of the folks who want to take away our gun rights? I mean, there are those on the far left that know they are out gunned and are arming up.

Interesting trip to the barber shop today. An off duty policeman was visiting with the shop owner about a spate of shootings we have had in previously good areas of Lubbock, one only three streets over from my house last night and the same hundred block. A homeowner shot and killed a thief trying to break into his car.

A couple of weeks back, a car burgler shot and killed a homeowner who confronted him. The LEO said they even had reports that the thieves had sniper like helpers to target the homeowner as he came out the front door.

He also shared how many guns were taken in car burglaries and were the main reason autos parked outside were actually target for breaking into being for guns. A lot of the cars were being targeted had NRA decals or stickers, figuring the vehicles had guns inside.

Shipments of these stolen firearms that have been intercepted were in the Los Angeles or Chicago areas, all the way from Lubbock.

I have rarely parked any of my auto outside, and have learned my lesson to never leave anything in an auto parked outside of the garage, and to lock my doors inside the garage. I had a rare Bersa Thunder .22 with a 6" barrel stolen out of my console of my Yukpn when it was parked in my garage with the garage doors open in the daytime. That is pretty ballsy, but I should have at least locked my Yukon doors, even if I was just going to be in the house 15 minutes.

For those who don't think a Bersa Thunder .22 with a 6" barrel is rare, try to find one.
Apparently if you want a six-inch Bersa Thunder .22, the streets of Los Angeles or Chicago is the place to look. Sorry to hear what's happened to your city.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts