Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So grabbed a #9 Torx socket, as I've read that's what the Heine sights use on the Millenium Pro's, after noticing the allen that comes with it is a little loose. I used a blowdryer to get it warm before hand and applied a little WD40 and let it soak ~20 minutes, heated it up again and ... then it stripped. I'm mechanically friendly, don't know if I want to tap it out or Dremel it out like I had to do with the front -- but, don't want to do that on a $100 site either!

Now I've got a PT111 with a front Firesight, and a rear Heine. Any ideas?

·
Registered
296 Posts
It all depends. If you got the firesights, front and rear, and your trying to swap out the rear you might have to destroy the rear to get it out. Set screws are hardened steel so drilling it out without destroying the rest is difficult. Mine didn't have a torx but a metric allen. Might try a metric allen wrench or standard, drive the wrench in with a hammer,and use heat gun to get bolt out.

If you can't get the allen bolt out either live with the heinie sight or destroy it to remove it. That's the best I can offer. Sorry!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.