Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
[HR][/HR] Headgear Hat Black-and-white Smoking Photography
Listen up! I ain't gettin' that damned STRIKE ONE Russkie semi auto anytime soon, I know that. And sometimes I can't open carry my Taurus 444 in certain places. So watch how I go concealed. I have this gun belt by Bullhide Belts, and a .44 special Charter Arms Bulldog Pug I carry in a Kramer Gun Leather pancake.
Arm Muscle Abdomen Elbow
Plaid Pattern Purple Dress shirt Shirt
By the way, I prefer this system over my shoulder rigs, you may not, but I do. And that's what matters.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I never tried that carry method, but if it works for you, then I'm glad. I am a fan of the Bulldog, though. I've had one for several years 'cause the .44 Special is my favorite revolver round.
Yes, Dallas. The Bulldog is my primary carry. It is not a Cadillac nor a Lincoln Continental - it is more like a Ford or a Chevrolet. And it has that big assed .44 special bullet. I have a lot of exotic ammos for it - all of the Star Wars munitions et al. But I load it with Grizzly 260 grain 1000fps solid lead, flat nose bullets. Text Font Signage Label Metal
Please allow me to clarify that this is MY PERSONAL DEFENSE ROUND AND NOT A PRACTICE ROUND, for practice I go Cowboy Action. These Grizzly 260 grains are sub magnum and will loosen up the gun if too many are shot through it. I have shot 2 boxes of twenty with no problem whatsoever, other than hand numbing recoil after the tenth round. These bullets shoot point of aim point of impact at 75 feet and don't require Kentucky windage.

·
Registered
11,061 Posts
The pistol was something that the Russians were wont to do. After all, the Makarov is almost 60 years in service. The 9x18 caliber is also not exactly cutting-edge, either. 9x19 seems to have infiltrated their persona. Like most things that involve Russia nowadays, there appears to be little innovation in the gun. It is more like a sturdy, workmanlike pistol, designed, yet again, for the less educated conscript to be able to use and abuse.

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
Looks like a Glock and a Taurus had a baby.

Reactions: 0311

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Yes, Dallas. The Bulldog is my primary carry. It is not a Cadillac nor a Lincoln Continental - it is more like a Ford or a Chevrolet. And it has that big assed .44 special bullet. I have a lot of exotic ammos for it - all of the Star Wars munitions et al. But I load it with Grizzly 260 grain 1000fps solid lead, flat nose bullets. View attachment 44816 Please allow me to clarify that this is MY PERSONAL DEFENSE ROUND AND NOT A PRACTICE ROUND, for practice I go Cowboy Action. These Grizzly 260 grains are sub magnum and will loosen up the gun if too many are shot through it. I have shot 2 boxes of twenty with no problem whatsoever, other than hand numbing recoil after the tenth round. These bullets shoot point of aim point of impact at 75 feet and don't require Kentucky windage.
Uh, ouch! :)
I like the Bulldog for regular .44 Special shooting, but I would imagine those loads will loosen up your gun AND all the bones in your wrist and hand. I agree, the Bulldog ain't pretty, but it is the most compact and lightweight .44 I have ever come across, and I own several .44 Special revolvers. The Taurus 441/445 are also great, but they are more Smith K-frame sized.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The pistol was something that the Russians were wont to do. After all, the Makarov is almost 60 years in service. The 9x18 caliber is also not exactly cutting-edge, either. 9x19 seems to have infiltrated their persona. Like most things that involve Russia nowadays, there appears to be little innovation in the gun. It is more like a sturdy, workmanlike pistol, designed, yet again, for the less educated conscript to be able to use and abuse.
What the Russkies have done JR, is to copy a Glock and a Carracal. It has three interchangeable barrels - including .40 caliber. With the 9x18 they stole the Walther PPK design and beefed it up. 60 years is a long time, and the STRIKE ONE is a have to have for a collector of Russian steel. I don't think cash strapped Russia will be replacing the Makarov anytime soon, however.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
ROSSI .44 mag 2"

Sleeve Headgear Dress shirt Shirt
BTW, In the Rossi section of the Forum, I saw an article about where one inch from 3" barrel must be sawed off here, because we can't import 2 inch barrels. Now I have to copy and download that pic because that is one hot-ass little gun. Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol Airsoft gun
It had a lot of negative comments. But I knew immediately when I saw it that it would be a devastating weapon in a desperate, close in defense. This .44 magnum is ALMOST as small as my Charter Arms Bulldog. And I firmly believe that this Rossi indeed falls into the bulldog category.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Personally, I would probably only ever shoot .44 Special out of that gun. I have a pair of these in the old, all-steel model and they are comfortable to shoot. I bought the Ultralite .44 Special when it came out and didn't like it much at all. The bore height is higher than the Bulldog, and they have more snap. In steel, it's no problem.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeh, but gosh! A .44 magnum in such a small package! Gee whiz, imagine what that thing could do if you were fighting for your life in a close in struggle! Say, with one of those 320 grain bullets...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.