Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
40,588 Posts
Can't wait to see and handle one of these. One might easily become a companion to my Single Six!:thumb:

·
Registered
37,073 Posts
Once they become more common I bet Gerome down in Vine city at Cadilliac Guns and Dope will have the best prices around on used ones!
they will likely be a tad hot so you will need shooting gloves to use them.
Looks like Ruger is ready to compete with Heritage.

Reactions: badge851

·
Super Moderator
38,036 Posts
More buyer's remorse...I had hoped that my steel Rough Rider would ship yesterday...but G4G is closed on Mondays. At 192.00 or so delivered I am hanging my hat on the dual caliber and the 6" barrel. Plus not sure if the Wrangler would ship to ILLinois anyway. If the reviews are good, maybe there's one in my future when I relocate to a free state.

·
Administrator
40,588 Posts
I wonder what kind of pricing Bud's will have on the Wrangler? I looked a little while ago, and didn't see any listed. $199.99 is well within my stash cash the wife doesn't know about.:D

Reactions: Car_Doc

·
Super Moderator
35,540 Posts
200 bucks for a steel framed RR is a REAL good deal! Heck, mine's Zamak and I gave 250 for it, a 3.5" Birdshead model. I just had to have that styling, tickles my fancy. :D

I'm pretty convinced there's no accuracy advantage to the Wrangler, not in the tests I've read anyway. My 3.5" RR will shoot right with it. I might have to get the thing because it's affordable and it's a Ruger. I'd add it to my Ruger collection. I have two .357 Blackhawks (one's a convertible with 9mm cylinder), a .45 Colt, an Old Army cap and ball, a KP90DC .45 ACP, a P85 9mm, a Mark II, and a SR22. And, then there's my 10/22 :D. Yeah, I kinda like Rugers.

Reactions: daveindenver

·
Super Moderator
38,036 Posts
Might be a good time to buy Ruger stock...:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It looks good. I carry a Ruger Single Seven .327 Federal Magnum on the small ranch here.
With that strap up on your neck like that it looks like it could get uncomfortable real quick!

Don

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
161 Posts
More buyer's remorse...I had hoped that my steel Rough Rider would ship yesterday...but G4G is closed on Mondays. At 192.00 or so delivered I am hanging my hat on the dual caliber and the 6" barrel. Plus not sure if the Wrangler would ship to ILLinois anyway. If the reviews are good, maybe there's one in my future when I relocate to a free state.
If you need Steel (Il thing) and Mag (versatile, etc.) then you picked the right one with a RR that will be in your hand very soon.

If you lived somewhere else and only shot pop-bottles then at some unknown future date you could get an nu-proven model.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Might be a good time to buy Ruger stock...:rolleyes:
Micro: A new-release low-margin price-point product usually is a long-term play for market share rather than EPS.

Macro: The entire industry has been in the outhouse for 2 years; postponed demand and 'Columbine talk' will generate sales volume for the group.

My "Mad Money" call = BUY to hold, not trade.

2-cents gratefully refunded upon request.

·
Super Moderator
38,036 Posts
Micro: A new-release low-margin price-point product usually is a long-term play for market share rather than EPS.

Macro: The entire industry has been in the outhouse for 2 years; postponed demand and 'Columbine talk' will generate sales volume for the group.

My "Mad Money" call = BUY to hold, not trade.

2-cents gratefully refunded upon request.
As I get older, "long term plays" are not as much of an option. Being in equities is no place for someone in advancing years especially if they think they may have to draw on their funds. Unfortunately the stagnant economy and quantitative easing over ten years left seniors with few options when CD rates were below 1%. :mad: Personally I am waiting for the China trade deal to come to fruition and will divest a large percentage of my (small) holdings. Our investment club did well with Sturm Ruger over a few years and then sold it off about 14-16 months ago. (on a brighter note...Microsoft is on a tear today pre-market)

Reactions: daveindenver

·
Administrator
40,588 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,540 Posts
Now I'm wanting one, again. From the article.....

Accuracy was tested at a distance of twenty-five yards, with the Wrangler secured into my Ransom Master Series machine rest. Accuracy was superb! I had expected decent accuracy, but was surprised at the level of accuracy exhibited by the Ruger Wrangler, especially for a single-action revolver that sells at this low price. Shown are pictures of the smallest and largest groups fired. These five-shot groups measured between one-half inch and one and one-eighth inches at twenty-five yards. Amazing!

Reactions: Smokewagon

·
Registered
112 Posts
A Ruger .22LR revolver for $200!? Holy heck that's awesome! Bye bye, Heratige Rough Rider.

·
Administrator
40,588 Posts
This isn't the classifieds. Take it there or Personal Messaging.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
It was a kinda' satirical question/statement. I really wasn't making an offer! <chuckle>

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
My "local" LGS has it on sale this weekend for $189.99. They have a store in Johnson City Va and Abingdon, Va

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]http://www.mahoneysports.com/#home.html[/FONT]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts