Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about the TLR-4 for my 24/7 house gun. The laser/light I have on it now is good but I find a little on the heavey side. The TLR-4 is lighter and smaller.
Anyone user or have used one of these. Also is it good for a lefty? Another reason why I want to replace my UTG.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I don't have one of those, but I have been thinking of picking one up. I have a TLR-2 and have been very pleased with it though it protrudes beyond the muzzle of most 4" pistols more than I'd like and it is relatively heavy on a pistol, hence the desire to try a TLR-4. (The added weight does work as a recoil compensator, though.)

Also, the switch they use to activate this family of lights is ambidextrous. So, lefty shouldn't be a problem for it; the only difference will be whether you press up or down with your finger.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, even though I have to wait to get range ammo I couldn't wait for the light. I ordered the TLR-4. Should be here soon

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Definitely want yours views on this unit, as I am interested in the same one for a nightstand/home defense OSS!!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scored 100 rounds of 9mm (Monarch :p )ammo and the light should be here today! Snickering like Rosco P. Coltrane .

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The TLR-4 came this morning and have it on the 24/7. I a little lighter than the UTG light/laser combo I had on it. I like that it is flush with the barrel. The rocker switch is way better than the push bar on the UTG which had the tendency of turning on the light if i laid the gun down as the wieght of the gun was enough to push in the bar. I also find the TLR rocker to be more intuitive.
I have visually zeroed out the laser for about 15 feet. Now just have to go to the range and fine tune it.

I liked the UTG combo as the light was detachable from the laser so at the range I could take it off and just have the laser. Down side was the laser and light has there own bar to turn it off/on and that meant the right finger to turn it on and left finger to turn it off. The TLR rocker is ambi. The UTG was $39 dollars (just wanted something to use) and the TLR-4 is $119. The UTG would drift zero point (until I used blue Locktite) and a plate that covers the laser would pop out after about 30 rounds. Well, the UTG worked for what I wanted. I like having a laser/light on the 24/7 as it is not one of my carries, just a house/office gun.
I feel the TLR-4 is a good purchase as it is great quality, reasonably price for the TLR family (a TLR-2 is $$), and it only weighs 2.8 ounces.

Whoot whoot.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sweet congrats on the new tac-light!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally made it out to the range to zero in the Steamlight TLR-4. It is a nice addition to the 24/7 with bearly any weight added to the gun. Only took about 25 rounds to have it POA=POI at about 20feet.
Even though the light is only 110 lumens the light cone is bright enough to lighten up a room allowing the "sweeping" approach for target accusition.

The 24/7 is now on standby in the house.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Finally made it out to the range to zero in the Steamlight TLR-4. It is a nice addition to the 24/7 with bearly any weight added to the gun. Only took about 25 rounds to have it POA=POI at about 20feet.
Even though the light is only 110 lumens the light cone is bright enough to lighten up a room allowing the "sweeping" approach for target accusition.

The 24/7 is now on standby in the house.
Nice! What brand of ammo is that?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts