Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called Taurus about my 24/7 (which has been in there for over a year now). I asked them "How comparable" to my "confiscated firearm" will they get my replacement firearm. The customer service rep said 111 G2 9mm. I reminded CS that I turned in a .40. I her words exactly: "The courts only approved the 111 G2 9mm to replace all caliber 24/7s". So I said "Your telling me that my .40 service pistol, will be replaced with a 9mm?" She said "Yes, I am sorry but all calibers are to be replaced with the 9mm G2s". I don't consider myself a conspiracy theorist but doesn't that seem like a bit of a set up? I mean to "dumb down" from a .40 (which is standard issue in non-politically correct LE departments, with the more PC, "friendly, less lethal" 9mm?

Any one get a replacement in.40 yet?

What are your alls thoughts on this "court approved replacement"?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I’ve read that Taurus is no longer going to make 40 cal pistols. Probably to just simplify their skus in hoping to make more profit. Not sure that it’s a political thing. Probably more of a profit margin thing since they are going to have to give out so many guns at one time if they can get all their plants to make just a handful of guns they can make the guns cheaper meaning they don’t lose as much on the replacement guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
748 Posts
I’ve read that Taurus is no longer going to make 40 cal pistols. Probably to just simplify their skus in hoping to make more profit. Not sure that it’s a political thing. Probably more of a profit margin thing since they are going to have to give out so many guns at one time if they can get all their plants to make just a handful of guns they can make the guns cheaper meaning they don’t lose as much on the replacement guns.

TP2177's answer makes sense to me. I doubt there is a PC motive in any of this. To be completely PC, Taurus would have to shut down.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
On my returned PT140 MP, they replaced with PT140 Mil G2 - one SS one Black. Not sure what they would do on my PT24/7, two of which are .40.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
They replaced my PT140 with a PT140 after first incorrectly sending me a PT111

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
It's pretty easy bash Taurus, large captive audience on here. I for one would be bashing the moron who dropped his pistol in the first place - I would question why he did not have a holster with proper retention - especially being an LEO. Then trying to blow the blame off on the mfg - I would guess he didn't want his department to lay blame on him and therefore get a mark in his file.

I personally hope Taurus can climb out of this situation, regain economic stability and focus in the future on their best selling products and make a ton of money :) It's not rocket science that the .40 popularity has waned a bit in response to LE going back to the 9mm given that, maybe it is a good decision if they go to .45 instead ??

That said, I wonder why some here have sent in .40 and got .40 returned ?

·
Registered
14,131 Posts
Interesting, Very Interesting!!! While I'm sure, within reason that there is no conspiracy at hand. After all that would be just plain nuts....Right?

But, after reading what has been written up to this point at least it sounds as though the .40sw caliber is doomed. Manufacturer decisions to cease production, LE choosing to migrate back to 9mm and the writing is on the wall.

I could go on and on about the failing future of this caliber, but I will have to stop now. See I feel that given that I like this ammunition choice that it would behove me to get busy locate, purchase excess amounts of this round before it is totally obsolete and unattainable.

For some reason though this feels like a bit of deja vu.

Later, got to Cyber Monday ammo shop now!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
It's pretty easy bash Taurus, large captive audience on here. I for one would be bashing the moron who dropped his pistol in the first place - I would question why he did not have a holster with proper retention - especially being an LEO. Then trying to blow the blame off on the mfg - I would guess he didn't want his department to lay blame on him and therefore get a mark in his file.

I personally hope Taurus can climb out of this situation, regain economic stability and focus in the future on their best selling products and make a ton of money :) It's not rocket science that the .40 popularity has waned a bit in response to LE going back to the 9mm given that, maybe it is a good decision if they go to .45 instead ??

That said, I wonder why some here have sent in .40 and got .40 returned ?
Sorry to be off topic, but for some reason the more talk of .40 being a dead caliber makes me want one even more even though I own 9 and 45 lol.

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Things were a bit different if you got them in early enough. They were a bit more willing to try and work it out. I know Texheim's replacement was a couple of years ago. They got to a certain point where they quit trying to service people and just referred people to the settlement website. Now a lot of these guns are out of production.

My PT609 was replaced with a PT809 once I asked for it. But that was early on too.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Sorry to hijack this thread but I have a question to ask. I have a 2013 make millenium PT 24/7 da/sa. As far as I knew it wasn't involved in the court case. Now I'm questioning that as apparently the entire line has been dropped, with the exception of the pt111?

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Yeah I didn't send mine in, it works fine! I don't trusty lawsuits, still waiting on my canned tuna mega years later! :icon_ nono2:

Reactions: ETF

·
Super Moderator
40,653 Posts
Sorry to hijack this thread but I have a question to ask. I have a 2013 make millenium PT 24/7 da/sa. As far as I knew it wasn't involved in the court case. Now I'm questioning that as apparently the entire line has been dropped, with the exception of the pt111?
If it does not say G2 on it than it is included in the settlement.

·
Registered
36,928 Posts
Sorry to be off topic, but for some reason the more talk of .40 being a dead caliber makes me want one even more even though I own 9 and 45 lol.

Who knows?/
I don't personally see the 40 being a dead caliber, to many out there on the streets.
but I do see it eventually going the way of the 38 Super, once a pick for many law Enforcement for its power and capacity, but was slowly ignored over the years until most gun manufactures no longer manufactured weapons in the caliber.
I honestly never understood why when the 10 MM didn't work out for the FBI that they didn't move to the 38 super?
same power, more capacity, same size weapon as a 9 MM, flatter shooting round.
but alas then S & W couldn't have made all that money on a new caliber.

·
Super Moderator
40,653 Posts
I forgot to mention that part. Yes it does have G2 on it.
In that case it is not part of the settlement, it is the newer version of the 24/7 line. Yes Taurus has seemed to cancel the 24/7 G2 line however that does not mean your gun is not safe. I would not be worried about it. I would also suggest ordering a couple extra recoil springs just to have. Also if they will sell you one a firing pin assembly/spring would also be nice to have on hand.

Reactions: olfarhors
1 - 20 of 84 Posts