Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Two strange things happened at the range today. First we saw a drone. The range is about 40min from an AFB, so probably not to odd, but still, a little creapy. He we sit, a half a doz guys with 4x4's and AR's, Can't imagine what they are thinking. (Hillbilly Mafia, or Red-neck Geeeaa'Hod) {Eric Holder: If your listening, it was just a bunch of hill-billies talking about God, Girls, Guns, and the NRA and that's pretty accurate)

Second, I learned the value of a good bluff. We found a (rather large) common black king snake. Not to alarming and these do a lot of good, and seeing that we have timber rattlers out here, I am for letting every king go with my blessings. However, this one, (and I was too close) was rattling his tale in the grass like a rattler. Now I have hear tales of them doing this, but I have never sean it before. Honestly, Even thought I knew he was a king, I did back my but up. And had I not emptied all my .223 mags, he and I would have likely had a bad day.
My son Cam below:
We shot: Taurus 82, 148WC & 125 XTP, S&W-M&P 5.56, and the all time fav. .22LR
View attachment 115120

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Sounds like fun to me.

Reactions: SixFalls

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I'm only scared of two kinds of snakes, live ones and dead ones.
There's only 2 kinds of snakes that can hurt you......................................Live ones and Dead ones...............................

Think I'm kidding? Run your foot up on a rattler detached head and step on his exposed fang. Will ruin your whole week

·
Registered
24,615 Posts
But you all had some fun.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anytime spent at the range is a good day.
Oh yes sir, it was an awesome day. Sunshine, and Hoppes-9 :)

The main purpose of going, (Well to have fun, who am I kidding), but besides that was to sight in an old .22LR bolt action rifle for Sylvilagus floridanus * Eastern Cottontail rabbit. Local intell says that the insurgant Cottontail gang, led by AKA. Buggsy, is planning to make daily raids in my garden this year, there for cutting our supply lines. Last year they won the battle my parading baby bunnies in front of my wife. We had to resupply food from - AKA Kroger. My young scout has been moving around the yard with a K-9 unit late in the evenings and tells me that Buggsy has been chaising Honey Buggs around the yard again. I am starting to think my wife has switched sides on me. ;)
View attachment 115123

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
I found on one near my back door behind some cans. I didn't want to kill him but he wouldn't leave (towards the woods) and was too close to patio door. We needless to say, he had a very bad day. :angel:

Reactions: SixFalls

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Two strange things happened at the range today. First we saw a drone. The range is about 40min from an AFB, so probably not to odd, but still, a little creapy. He we sit, a half a doz guys with 4x4's and AR's, Can't imagine what they are thinking. (Hillbilly Mafia, or Red-neck Geeeaa'Hod) {Eric Holder: If your listening, it was just a bunch of hill-billies talking about God, Girls, Guns, and the NRA and that's pretty accurate)

Second, I learned the value of a good bluff. We found a (rather large) common black king snake. Not to alarming and these do a lot of good, and seeing that we have timber rattlers out here, I am for letting every king go with my blessings. However, this one, (and I was too close) was rattling his tale in the grass like a rattler. Now I have hear tales of them doing this, but I have never sean it before. Honestly, Even thought I knew he was a king, I did back my but up. And had I not emptied all my .223 mags, he and I would have likely had a bad day.
My son Cam below:
We shot: Taurus 82, 148WC & 125 XTP, S&W-M&P 5.56, and the all time fav. .22LR
View attachment 115120
For sure a better day at the range than I had:( 3 + weeks and I haven't gotten there yet :mad: My wife has me spending my weekends building a 9-1/2' X 16' out building. I remember 25-30 years ago I loved carpentry I would much rather be at the range.

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
There's only 2 kinds of snakes that can hurt you......................................Live ones and Dead ones...............................

Think I'm kidding? Run your foot up on a rattler detached head and step on his exposed fang. Will ruin your whole week
I was putting a transmission in my truck years ago laying in the dirt. Shifted around to the other side and apparently one of the dogs brought me a moccasin head and played gently beside a Jack stand. I had to throw away those underwear.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Dead snakes tell no tales..:eek:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I hate snakes with a passion. I kill every one I find. Whether it's with a shovel, a gun, a fire, I don't really care as long as it makes them dead. I guess I inherited it from my grandfather, I'm pretty sure he never saw a snake he didn't kill.

Funny story, when I was a kid grandpa found a rattler that had slithered up into the tailpipe of his pickup because it was warm. He had my dad hold a shovel over the exhaust pipe to block it in while be fired up the pickup and gassed the thing to death. That man really hated snakes.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Funny story, when I was a kid grandpa found a rattler that had slithered up into the tailpipe of his pickup because it was warm. He had my dad hold a shovel over the exhaust pipe to block it in while be fired up the pickup and gassed the thing to death. That man really hated snakes.
Interestingly that was my suggestion for all the Death Row inmates here since all the uproar over the proper chemicals for the injections!
Put them all in a sealed room with the tail pipe of a 64 Edsel sticking into the room and use it.
unfortunately that did not receive the reviews (nor approval ) from the guberment that I had hoped for!
thats 2 down now as the "Electric Pews" wasn't a hit either!
Hey why waste all that electricity on one person at a time?

Reactions: Wreckerman

·
Super Moderator
36,063 Posts
Being at the range with your son making empty brass...priceless!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts