Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how I missed hearing about the Stoeger STR-9 when information regarding it was released at Shot Show 2019. While not there (unfortunately) I typically watch as many videos as possible by various people on YouTube that do get to attend.

Last night while researching various firearms I ran across one on the new Stoeger STR-9 and it piqued my interest enough to read more on it. Apparently the base package with just the pistol and one magazine will be right around $300 while the package for $350 comes with 3 magazines in all. It seems competitively priced and great for anyone on a tight budget that can't afford to spend a lot of money. Looking at it (IMO) it seems to be a hybrid of Glock, the S&W M&P, the H&K VP9 and, naturally, the Beretta APX from Stoeger's parent company. If anyone owns one of these or has experience with it, please leave your feedback.

https://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2019/01/stoeger-str-9-first-look/

·
Registered
572 Posts
I ordered one today. I will be doing a video review and trigger job on film. It is essentially a Glock gen3 internally. Grip is very ergonomic and the checkering on the rear is aggressive the way I like on a gun. Stay tuned. My YT channel is Snake Doc

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
Scheels has one for sale 300 with 1 mag. Mags are 50 bucks ea through Stoeger. Not in stock when I looked.
A $300 gun that uses $50 magazines. Don't you just love it!

Don

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
A $300 gun that uses $50 magazines. Don't you just love it!

Don
Kinda like the 709's a few years ago! $199 gun and mags were regularly selling for $75-100 on Ebay.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts