Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After shooting my little TCP I felt it was a little slick but still the pattern on the back still dug into the hand just a little. I had stippled a few guns over the years and loved the way they felt. They feel like Velcro in your hands. I love this little gun and carry it with me every day. But this made it even more enjoyable. It took me about 3 hours and then I took some 600 grit and knocked the rough off. It can be up against your skin with no issues. Jim

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,420 Posts
Nice! If you don't mind, what tool did you use?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used a $8 soldering iron with a sharp tip. It just takes time and patience to keep the same pattern. Jim.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Very nicely done!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it looks better in person and it feels great in your hand. Highly recommended for your carry gun. Thanks for all the likes. Jim

·
Super Moderator
40,702 Posts
Very nice work.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I used a $8 soldering iron with a sharp tip. It just takes time and patience to keep the same pattern. Jim.
You did a very good job but I'm afraid the "patience" part leaves me disqualified. :wink:

Reactions: jmichael1982

·
Registered
796 Posts
That looks great... I took the easy way out and put Traction grips on mine, but I'll bet your handi-work is just as good.
As I recall, Linejudgemick and I got our TCP's about the same time (mid-November). I too took the easy way out and asked for and received a pachmayer slip-on grip for Chrsitmas which works great. My hand WAS taking a beating until then.

·
Registered
121 Posts
As I recall, Linejudgemick and I got our TCP's about the same time (mid-November). I too took the easy way out and asked for and received a pachmayer slip-on grip for Chrsitmas which works great. My hand WAS taking a beating until then.
I'll +1 on the Pachmayer grip. It's great. One drawback is that it grips so well, it made it hard to draw from my wallet holster.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had a inner tube on mine and it felt okay but when you carry a very small gun it doesn't make sense to add something to it. That was the reson I stippled the grip to keep it small. It sticks like glue and actually feels great with no pain when shooting. I think it has better accuracy also because it stays put and you have a feeling of great control. I am sure the Pachmayer will do the same also though, if you do not mind adding a little to the grip. For some the extra grip is good for bigger hands. Jim

1 - 19 of 19 Posts