Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this is a "break in" issue or not. Racking the first shot is really difficult from a full clip. Both clips do it so it's not the clips.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Drop 1-2 rounds out of the mag and see if it is still sticky. A mag spring is fullly compressed when the the firearm is full loaded. Nothing wrong with it, just the way it works. If it is still sticky/stiff even with a few less rounds in the mag, check for any rubbing or scoring on the frame rails or internal parts.

·
Registered
124 Posts
DRAEGER said:
Drop 1-2 rounds out of the mag and see if it is still sticky. A mag spring is fullly compressed when the the firearm is full loaded. Nothing wrong with it, just the way it works. If it is still sticky/stiff even with a few less rounds in the mag, check for any rubbing or scoring on the frame rails or internal parts.
Same issue I run into, I practice draw for carry and racking one for when I'm not carrying one in the pipe. It's a lot harder to pull it back with a mag spring and bullet pushing up. Same happens with any gun that doesn't allow for some play in the last round, but with 11 in a clip it's just as easy to pull back as it would be cleaning.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Man, I thought this post was going to be something totally different !! :D

·
32,490 Posts
Muttmutt. Keep that kind of thinking up and I'll come with the proverbial virtual soap and wash your mind out. ;D

Yeah,yeah, Flyer... back on subject. :D

Or did Muttmutt mean something else? ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
muttmutt said:
Man, I thought this post was going to be something totally different !! :D
Sorry to get you riled up mutt. So far all together, i've put 599 rounds thru the gun. And yes, if I drop a shot outta the mag before rack it, it slides like butter. No scoring or burrs on the rails or anywhere on the frame. I'll just give it awhile to break in a lil more.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Oh to keep in the humor vein for Mutt!

You know its good if you got at STIFF ONE!!

But if it works like butter after the top one is out, I bet you got a heck of a set of springs in those mags. None of mine do that, I checked before and again after reading this.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I usually load mine 1 down to make it function easier. So I go 10+1.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts