Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a magazine that is a bit difficult to get the last couple of rounds into.

If I'm not mistaken, I think I saw someone on this forum say the best way to loosen it up is to load it up and let it sit for a while.

Is that correct?>???

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Are you loading it by hand or using something like an Uplula?

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Are you loading it by hand or using something like an Uplula?
I'm using an Uplula loader. And, I have to really stand on the last couple of rounds...

·
Super Moderator
40,704 Posts
Many people say load it full and leave it set for a couple of weeks, it should help. Never had a magazine that difficult to load to test for myself.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Many people say load it full and leave it set for a couple of weeks, it should help. Never had a magazine that difficult to load to test for myself.
Yes. I can't think what might be the issue with the loader making it difficult. Maybe binding magazine spring? Or maybe the floorplate is binding. When there is no ammo in it does the floorplate move freely?

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
I have a magazine that is a bit difficult to get the last couple of rounds into.

If I'm not mistaken, I think I saw someone on this forum say the best way to loosen it up is to load it up and let it sit for a while.

Is that correct?>???
Yes, load it and leave it sit for a few days.........................

·
Registered
37,073 Posts
I'm using an Uplula loader. And, I have to really stand on the last couple of rounds...

WOW!!
now thats one hell of a magazine spring!
I have no problem with any mag using my old uplula.
course all those 12 ounce arm curls may help as well?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's the 9 round magazine for the Springfield I just bought. Played with it last night and again this morning. It's loading fine now. Just had to figure out how to finesse it. :)

Yes...… It was a short circuit between the operator and the machine. :)

Reactions: bigC

·
Registered
37,073 Posts
It's the 9 round magazine for the Springfield I just bought. Played with it last night and again this morning. It's loading fine now. Just had to figure out how to finesse it. :)

congrats--you have earned this!

Attachments

Reactions: EdinGeorgia

·
Registered
1,841 Posts

A wise man once told me "Its not the failure that counts. It's how you deal with it and your ability to own up to it." :thumb:

Reactions: EdinGeorgia

·
Registered
490 Posts
Don't remember which gun or magazine it was but I had one that had an internal piece of metal on the last bit of spring and that jammed up so that I couldn't load two rounds. Once I removed the baseplate and straightened it out it worked fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts