Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
414 Posts
My brand new G2C 40 S&W doesn't have a stiff magazine release.

However my brand new TH9C most definitely has a stiff magazine release.

· Registered
62 Posts
However my brand new TH9C most definitely has a stiff magazine release.
That's good info. I have a TH9 on the way. Nice to know what I might experience, once it finally gets here.

Edited to add: The mag release on my G2C feels fine. The mag release on my GX4, however, was way too light. Didn't take much pressure to accidentally release a mag while shooting. I removed the GX4 mag release and bent the spring a good amount, which stiffened it quite a bit.

· Registered
414 Posts
Well now I'm fairly confused.

Anyone found a way of lightening the magazine release on the G2C or similar models? The button is so stiff, I essentially have to release my grip to better position my thumb to operate it. It is uncomfortable and does not allow for quick mag changes.
Versus

That's good info. I have a TH9 on the way. Nice to know what I might experience, once it finally gets here.

Edited to add: The mag release on my G2C feels fine. The mag release on my GX4, however, was way too light. Didn't take much pressure to accidentally release a mag while shooting. I removed the GX4 mag release and bent the spring a good amount, which stiffened it quite a bit.
????

· Registered
62 Posts
Here are videos that might be helpful. Maybe you can use them to ensure yours is properly installed.

- The background music is a bit loud in this one, but it is instructional.

- This is for the GX4, but the mag release concept is the same:

· Registered
44 Posts
To install, a wood shim holds the spring to the right. This is the location when the cut out is in the plastic mag release. No tools are needed to install.

If your forcing the spring with a tool/screw driver, it's being done wrong.

· Registered
414 Posts
2 different members posting about 2 different models.
Two different members both posting about the magazine release of a Taurus G2C vs a Taurus G2C - same model - emphasized with bold text in my post you copied into your post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts