Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. First post here. I've got a 24/7 .40 cal that i bought last week. The night i took it home i was having a problem with the mags ejecting. I've never had a handgun that the magazine did not shoot out the bottom when the release was hit. But this one i have to pull the mag out. Not lightly pull it out, i have to jiggle and tug on it at different angles to get it out. The first mag that came in the gun was hard to get out but i could do it. I tried the second mag thinking the first one was possibley defective. The second mag would not come out at all. I stopped trying after an hour because my thumb was killing me.

I took the gun back to my dealer and he was able to remove it after 15 minutes of working with it. He cleaned it out really well and said it was jammed up with cosmoline. I works now but is still super tight. The mag fully loaded will not drop when released, i still have to pull but not so aggressively now. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm taking it out tomorrow to shoot and will see if things loosen up a bit.

Any opinions out there?

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
i would take it back and ask if you could try it on a different 24/7.if that one was easy i would ask to swap it out.but i am a newbie.i dont get mine untill friday

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had that same problem but not as bad when I first got my 24/7 .40. The mags would fall out but not pop out, but now after giving the gun some use(3 weeks, 3 range trips, 500 rounds) the mag ejects just fine, pops out like it should. It only took me til my first trip to the range for it to loosen up, but then again I did mess around with it a lot before that.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
i took this from else where,

Level of difficulty: Easy
Time required: 5 minutes, including rounding up the tools.

I have about 30 or so .45 ACP magazines, with the majority being Chip McCormick Shooting Stars and Power Mags. I number my mags. so I can identify any that are giving me trouble. As I found out in the Thunder Tactical Shooters Single-Stack Match, I had five mags that would not drop fee when they were empty. They would when they were partially filled, but what good is that!? When I got home, I carefully examined all five and couldn't see any signs of a problem. Since these mags were about to go into the garbage, I decided to give something a try. After all, I had nothing to lose.

I used Sears/Craftsman RoboGrips (the smallest size) to gently squeeze the forward lips of the magazines. I do mean "gently!" It didn't appear to be doing any good, as the lips appeared to spring back into their original position. I tried the first mag. in the gun and it dropped free without any drag or delay. I loaded the mag and made sure it would properly feed loaded rounds. I did the same thing to the remaining four magazines. It appeared they were fixed, but I wouldn't know for sure until I had a chance to use them at the range. Range testing proved all five magazines functioned flawlessly. So, mags. destined for the garbage can are now back in the shooting bag. I'll use them in practice and in matches, but they will never see duty in a self-defense role.

So, if you have a misbehaving magazine, try this before throwing it in the trash.

Chas.

here is the link with pictures
http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_Forum/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=13356

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So i shot last night for the first time and the gun was flawless from 1-100. It was bitter cold and i could only handle loading 2 boxes before my fingers couldn't take anymore. The mags did loosen up a bit but still not able to get them to drop empty which is what i want. I'll put 400 more rounds through it before i take it back. I will give it proper break-in time. The storms passed last night so it should be plenty warm tomorrow after work. Thanks for the responses and i will look into sqeezing the lips a bit. That could work and as long as you're not too agressive it shouldn't create problems with feeding.

I keep you updated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put another 100 rounds through last night and can get one of the mags to drop when released. So it looks like all is going to loosen up fine. I am thoroughly impressed with the 24/7. This shoots and feels like a much more expensive gun. At 7 yards i could keep groupings within 2 inches without really trying (good for me). I'm loving it so far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts