Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any opinions on quality, performance, dependability.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Starline is good quality. I just got an order of .32 H&R last week after a couple of years of using the same 200 or so over and over. For my .327 that has a cylinder that's over bored 6 or 7 thousandths the Starline brass probably reloads four times more than Federal. I don't keep track exactly. It's just that Federal fails soon, Starline lasts for more reloads.

I don't know about .38 or .357 from experience. I have more free range .38 brass than I know what to do with and I'm finally starting to throw out the stuff that's splitting that I've been using for wadcutters since the 50's. It all works and lasts a long time with mild loads.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I used .38 Special with no issues.

Reactions: TheOldRedneck

·
Registered
733 Posts
I'm using Starline for my 10mm (both brass and nickel).
It's pretty consistent on length. The primer pockets & flash holes are too.
as far as brass life goes i don't know yet.... but I'm loading my 10mm pretty warm... only time will tell.
I see no problems in using it :thumb:

Reactions: TheOldRedneck

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
I have used their brass for years. My favorite for big bore and mag caliber handguns with heavy loads. Case life has never been a problem.

·
Administrator
40,097 Posts
I've used it in .44Mag. No complaints from me!

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I use it for 45 Colt loaded with black powder and even have some of their brass 12 ga shot shells that have held up very well over time. I think they have stopped making the shot shells however as I've not seen them for a while.

·
Registered
88 Posts
No problems here either.

Thinking about purchasing some of their 7.62x25 brass for my Tokarev, but never seems to be in stock.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I use Starline brass in .45,.38 Special,.357 Mag,9mm, and .380. Have never had a problem with it. It is considered a top of the line brass. Some of their standard brass is the same as +P and the only reason they have +P designation is for load identification.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Just about all my 45-70 brass is Starline. It's about half the price of the other manufacturers and just a good quality.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts