Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
16,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, it's the Babylon Bee again.
Sorry, I find more truth hidden in humor here than anywhere else.
As for this article, it sums up my opinion of Starbucks perfectly.
So I chortled........nay.......I guffawed..........maybe even laughed out loud momentarily.

This stuff smells like hot road tar

·
32,481 Posts
Thanks for posting that as I needed a good guffaw today.

In this area Starbucks coffee is too acidic. It does depend on who makes it and the ingredients obviously.

I do not have a top end coffee palate . I brew mine from commercially available as to what is in the store or, heaven forbid, INSTANT COFFFEE! Oh, the humanity!!

I like it with creamer and sweetener. No sugar. I just cannot get into high priced coffee very much. On occasion I do go and sin. But it is coffee from....gasp... a gas station.
That is also rare. Qwik Trip has various blends. Gotta have the vanilla bean flavor in the cup. The mocha the merrier.

·
21,919 Posts
Absolutely right.

Give me a choice between Starbucks and a cup of generic coffee from my own coffee maker, and the choice is clear - even if I were forced to pay the same price. Their coffee just doesn't taste good to me. And I felt that way even before their CEO said he'd rather hire an illegal immigrant over a veteran.

·
Registered
6,307 Posts
Not a coffee aficionado by any stretch of the imagination (I drink Folger's at the house- a single cup when I get up in the morning- and keep some Folger's instant in the travel bag) but even I don't think Starbuck's coffee is fittin' to drink.

There's a couple local coffee shops that I frequent that will put them to shame- both in quality and price. One place donates all profits to a local charity and the other place is ran by a local boy and his wife. He just got out of the Army after a dozen or so years (about half of that was spent deployed somewhere in the world, from what I've gathered) and came home. I alternate between the two for my weekly large hazelnut latte.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Not a coffee snob myself, but I just can not stand their coffee. To me, it smells like 6000 mile drained oil filtered through an unwashed jock strap. I have had truck stop coffee that put Starbucks to shame.

For me, I'll take a good Maxwell House medium blend through a coffee maker. Sometimes I will use this as the base, and add it to Swiss Miss hot chocolate mix. Dang, is that good. Sometimes I'll hit the base coffee with a shot of hot sauce, or even flavor it with caramel.

Reactions: Qwiks draw

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Coffee...black, no sugar or. Ream and it best be strong.
I prefer French Roast Maxwell House, Folgers or Wegmans.
Never buy it out unless I'm travelling.
I wouldn't take Starbucks fru fru coffee flavored garbage for free!
Lavazza and Black Rifle are terrific coffees but too expensive.

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
I've never tried starbucks, and never will. I guzzle coffee from 7 am till the 10 cup maker is empty. I'm not picky - even vending machine coffee is OK in a crisis. BLACK, nothing added. I'll drink almost any coffee, except the coffee in Europe and the middle east.

·
Super Moderator
35,501 Posts
I will get Starbucks when my wife drags me in there...she has tapered off on her addiction however. I do confess that I am partial to their "Verona" roast...it has a chocolate type finish. Brew it at home when my wife buys a bag.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I drink almost two quarts of coffee a day, black & strong, and I'm not picky about it either.
Starbucks isn't my favorite brew, by a long shot, and I don't darken their door due to their politics anyway.
But someone must like their product - they have 11 outlets here in Spokane which has only 215k population.
In the Seattle area they probably have a hundred stores. I literally know one location in Kent where there are 3 of them on one stretch of road less than a half mile long.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I've probably been in Starbucks less than 6 times in my whole life. First off, I like my coffee black, no cream and no sugar. If you order a plain black coffee in Starbucks they look at you as if you are a Neanderthal, straight out of the Stone Age. I want a cup of coffee not something that I would classify as a dessert. Besides that, there plain, black coffee isn't very good. In fact it's pretty sucky.

I'm not really a coffee snob although I do like experimenting with all different kinds of coffee making equipment and systems. The only thing that I insist on is that it has to be fresh. I don't want my coffee sitting around on a hot plate. Make it, pour it and drink it. At the house, we probably drink more Folgers than anything else. I especially like their Black Silk, dark and strong.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
My BIL usually gives me a $25 gift card to Starbucks every year for Christmas. I do enjoy their Pumpkin Spice Latte on occasion. I will drink their Tall Latte with 1 raw sugar in it on a cold day. Wouldn't buy the stuff if I had to pay for it but since my BIL is buying, I drink it. I certainly have had worse coffee. I just don't like waiting in line for some face stud nose ringed full tattoo sleeved millennial celiac named Zayden ordering his gluten free keto double machiatto venti frappacino with two pumps of mango double blended with a swirl. Yeah, I got your two pumps right here Bub, now move along.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
I went to starbucks once about 10 years ago when it first opened in my area. I ordered a black coffee and after tasting my $4 drink I swore I would never return. That was before I even knew about their liberal policies.

Reactions: Desperado

·
Registered
1,889 Posts

·
21,919 Posts
Not a coffee snob myself, but I just can not stand their coffee. To me, it smells like 6000 mile drained oil filtered through an unwashed jock strap. I have had truck stop coffee that put Starbucks to shame.
The first half of your post, sir, is pure poetry.

The second half reminds me of a gas station in Silverthorne, Colorado. Any member of this forum traveling I-70 owes it to themselves to go 1.5 miles north on route 9 from the Silverthorne exit. They have a coffee system in that gas station that beats Starbucks seven ways from Veteran's Day. You choose the amount, the roast/flavor, you watch the beans get ground, and for less than $2 you get an absolutely amazing fresh ground cup of coffee. They could serve it in Vienna. We were blown away.

·
Super Moderator
40,384 Posts
I have never stepped into a Starbucks. I drank black coffee made in a percolator on a camp fire when I was a teen. As my camping days dwindled so did my coffee drinking. Tried a cup of coffee one time not made on a camp fire in a percolator and thought it was nasty. Never had another cup after that.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Black Rifle Coffee Co at my house. My wife and I both enjoy their coffee. In fact, we joined the coffee club and just have it shipped to us each month. The Murdered Out dark roast is our choice.

https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/collections/coffee/products/murdered-out-coffee-blend?variant=3921242115

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I 2nd the BRCC. CAF, Silencer Smooth and Blackbeards Delight are my favorites. Only cold brew for a better flavor and less acidity.

·
21,932 Posts
Black Rifle is GOOOOD!
I also like Dunkin Doughnuts coffee both from the store itself
or the Kurieg cartridges from the grocery store.

We have a gas station chain around here called Race Trac. They have these
coffee machines that grind and dispense while you wait. Very good and cheap.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Sorry guys, I disagree with the general consensus here.
I LOVE Starbucks!
Over the years I have probably spent a small fortune in Starbucks coffee shops, and I'm Cheap!
My father was a BIG coffee drinker, and he hated Starbucks. He said they burnt the beans. He called it "Charbucks".
Maybe they do burn the beans, but I love that flavor.
However, since I'm cheap, I have found an alternative. I buy the Kirkland whole bean coffee at Costco, and grind it myself.
If you look closely at the Kirkland package, it says: "Roasted by Starbucks". So I get that same Starbucks flavor, but at a more reasonable price.

·
17,567 Posts
I think Starbucks makes great coffee, and apparently a lot of other people do to given their 28,000+ locations. So I don't get the criticism. But I don't buy it often. That's more about the price. I'd just as soon have McDonald's coffee. But I only buy coffee if I'm traveling.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts