Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes the best way to learn what yer doing wrong, or right for that matter, is to see yourself outside yourself. So I took this video of my girl while at the range so she could get a better idea of her positioning, plus it's entertaining as all get out. I'm posting it temporarily on YouTube for my shooting brethren to take a gander at if'n u like. Just go to Ranger39000 on YouTube. I'll leave it up 4 a couple days.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Why only leave it up for a couple days??

It looks like she needs to get control over that left shirt strap ;D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Her New York fam watches vid's that we post. That's really what it's for. She has a couple sisters who get antsy about her guns and sometime's lecture her. As for her shirt strap? I don't think I've ever seen that thing stay up....ever! But yes, control is what she needs 2 work on, and she saw that after she saw the vid. That's why I think it can b an invaluable training tool.

·
Registered
625 Posts
It looks like she has the hang of it pretty well. On the second gun, when she was shooting one handed, it looked like she was letting the barrel drop towards the end. I'm thinking she was shooting way low, but then that might hit just the spot if it were an attempted rape!

Anyway, it looks like she is really doing well. The video idea is a great one. I did this sort of thing with my archery shooting and learned a lot from it. Golf instructors also do it for teaching a proper swing.

Todd

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's great you are teaching her to shoot and the video helps.

However, there are 2 major safety violations. She constantly swipes the guy next to her when she shows off what she is shooting. Also, the 9mm was already loaded with 1 in the chamber. It shouldn't be sitting on the table like that and certainly not pointed anywhere but down range (swiping again).

I would "reshoot" the whole thing. As it stands, the video is a prime example of poor firearm safety skills and is a gift to the "anti's".

This isn't a bash. When it comes to firearm safety it is a black and white issue.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, the chambered 9 is something both of us picked up on right away upon viewing, but that was my fault. I tapped her on shoulder to let her know I was gonna do the clip and to take the mags out to start from beginning. Clearing her chamber is something she normally does religiously. I didn't check further, thinkin she pulled the slides back. She did sweep up and slightly over as well, though It was within the seperating masonry partitions. Still a violation and it will not happen again. Thankyou. These points noted is exactly why I made the vid. Catch 22, the descrepencies were BECAUSE I made it. Oh yea, Bonedigger, she told me after we left the range she made that last shot low purposfully. She was trying something I talked to her about at an earlier time. Good eye! The clip wont b on much longer. It was never meant for u tube anyway, just our own instructional purposes but it was the only way I am aware of to share this with U guyz. HEY, didn't anyone look at my girls? (the hens I mean) And as for the anti's....doubt the descrepencies on my vid r going to change anyone's mind on their stance concerning the issue. I dont flinch 4 them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts