Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pt1911b that I bought early this year. I am looking forward to buying the stainless version when it comes out. I was thinking about something that might be a little different. Is it possible swap parts on the ss and blue to make to different two tone guns? I thought this might be a nice look. Not sure if there would be a problem if they are the same gun just different finishes. What do you think? ???

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Should be and I expect several of use to do so. The PT1911 is Mil spec and should interchange with nearly any 1911 part. Of course some minor fitting is common on an 1911 pistol regardless of brand except for the Kimber Frames and Slides (rails will not match).

·
Registered
66 Posts
MPanova said:
I dont see why they wouldnt
Because Kimber manufactures slight variations in their guns - especially their slides. I actually tried this when I first got my PT1911, both with a full-bore .45 and with one of their conversion kits. It has to do with one of the safeties built into the Taurus, they simply don't match. And there can be rail issues as well.

Everything else I've tried that's milspec does fit so far.

On the plus side - the Ceiner conversion kits work perfectly out of the box - for $100 less than the Kimber kits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts