Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pulled the trigger on a new Stag Model 8 from Bud's, and with a little luck I should have it in my hot little hands early next week. I decided to go with a piston driven AR this time around in the interest of a cleaner, cooler running rifle, and I like the simplicity of the Stag design. I also like the ability to fully disassemble the piston mechanism for thorough cleaning. I've heard it said that piston driven AR's have the accuracy of an AR and the reliability of an AK. We'll see.

I also ordered some other goodies to go along with it - an anti tilt buffer and XP Wolff buffer spring, as well as a roller cam pin. The buffer is just a little extra insurance against carrier tilt, although the stock carrier has anti tilt pads. I figure the best time to prevent wear is before it starts, and the buffer being a little heavier should make for more positive feeding as well. Same goes with the roller cam pin. I figure if I wait until I see wear in the cam pin channel it's always going to be there, so I decided to put the roller cam in right from the git-go.

It's been six or seven years since I had to get rid of my A2, and I'm really excited about refilling the void. And I'm really anxious to see how this piston model performs. Now comes the hard part - the wait.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts