Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy!
new to forum and i need a little help, looking for imitation stag grips for new Taurus .38 small frame revolver, or a unusual type of grips, just wanted to swap out the stock ones?

thanks

·
Administrator
40,363 Posts
Welcome to the forum. : hand26:

Check out eBay for grips. I usually start there. Looking around for some stag, or imitation for a single action revolver myself.

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
+1 on Smoke's suggestion. You will (hopefully), be amazed at the offerings. And welcome to our bunch.

·
Super Moderator
35,439 Posts
Ajax used to be THE place, but unfortunately they're out of business. I bought Sanbar stag grips for my .45 Colt Blackhawk probably 20 years ago now. They were 70 bucks. THEN, I checked their site a few years later and they'd gone up to $300. :eek: When I checked a year or two later, they weren't importing Sanbar anymore. I guess they're getting scarce or something. Too bad, because Sanbar IMHO makes the best stags. American Elk is okay, but courser grained.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
Ajax used to be THE place, but unfortunately they're out of business. I bought Sanbar stag grips for my .45 Colt Blackhawk probably 20 years ago now. They were 70 bucks. THEN, I checked their site a few years later and they'd gone up to $300. :eek: When I checked a year or two later, they weren't importing Sanbar anymore. I guess they're getting scarce or something. Too bad, because Sanbar IMHO makes the best stags. American Elk is okay, but courser grained.

India stopped the exportation of Sambar stag antlers about 20 years ago so the source dried up. Antler hunters were using brush fires to clear the underbrush so it was easier to find the shed antlers. That's why the price went up so dramatically.

Elk is a good alternative if you are interested in the bark on look like the Bowie's handle. I agree about the coarseness of the grain once you strip the bark off of elk. Doesn't look bad left in the rough, though.

Reactions: NativeTexan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the warm welcome, boy I have looked high and low, and I cannot find any type of horn antlers real or fake, but I will keep looking!

thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts