1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Thanks. Now I know how to break into my Gunvault next time the batteries are dead and I can't find my key. LOL

My Gv2000 was not for theft prevent, as any good thief with a pry bar would open it lickity split, but to prevent vistors, children and / or strangers (repairmen) from walking away with or having access to my pistols not on my person. Which is why I now own the Cannon Fire Safe , which incidentally is still working well and I still have not heard from Cannon CS regarding my problem with not locking - I expect I never will. LOL

My post regarding GunVault

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/f...ult-deluxe-features-not-worth-extra-cost.html

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Interesting and probably true, but do remember, anything you see on the internet is open to suspect. I bought a similar brand that holds 16 guns and in doing research on them, I found that a lot of the higher priced manufacturers we out there telling everyone who would listen that their competitors safes were inferior to theirs - and all under the guise of safety/security with children. Videos on you tube are out there showing people how to break into different brands of safes. Why would someone publish that? I question who is behind this company going around to retailers, showing their results, in hopes of getting them pulled off the shelves. Big money is behind it and it probably came from the competitors who produce a higher quality safe for more money. I appreciate having options when shopping for anything and there is always a good, better, best of a product on the market. I guarantee those kids did not walk up on those safes and figure it out with coaching from adults.

·
Registered
694 Posts
That traditional dial is looking better and better despite the fact that a close friend or two are trying to steer me toward digital.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I only have one firearm to lock up, the other day, I went and bought a $11 metal toolbox and pad lock along with some tool box liner. Setup cost me less than $20 and is secure enough that people can't see what's in it without some work. Now, I'm not naive enough to think it can stop someone with a crow bar but keeps prying eyes from handling the firearm.

·
Registered
10,769 Posts
I only have one firearm to lock up, the other day, I went and bought a $11 metal toolbox and pad lock along with some tool box liner. Setup cost me less than $20 and is secure enough that people can't see what's in it without some work. Now, I'm not naive enough to think it can stop someone with a crow bar but keeps prying eyes from handling the firearm.
To me the problem here is the fact that tools and tool boxes suposedly containing tools which can easily be sold are often prime theft items. JMHO!

·
Registered
28 Posts
To me the problem here is the fact that tools and tool boxes suposedly containing tools which can easily be sold are often prime theft items. JMHO!
I live in an apartment on the second floor with restricted access, my apartment also faces the back courtyard which is also secure entry. If I could secure it to the floor I would. I realize that it is not a fool proof plan, like I said though, my main concern was to keep people who come over out of it, mainly children. We have a niece that comes over quite regularly.

Every apartment also has access to security cameras at all entries through the cable line.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
I have a gun cabinet that uses a key that is in a closet that is also locked.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.