Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
just wondering where to get a ss slide for G2 24/7 .40 if I even can. I have the blued steel version, but wondering about getting a SS slide for it.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
That's a good one -- you might want to call Taurus to get the correct answer. My problem is the opposite of yours -- I want a blackened slide instead of stainless for my SR40!

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Hello all
just wondering where to get a ss slide for G2 24/7 .40 if I even can. I have the blued steel version, but wondering about getting a SS slide for it.
I don't think Taurus will sell you a slide only. Even in the case the slide got damaged, they will tell you to return the whole gun to them to replace the slide. You can try the firearm auction sites and Numrich Gun Parts.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think Taurus will sell you a slide only. Even in the case the slide got damaged, they will tell you to return the whole gun to them to replace the slide. You can try the firearm auction sites and Numrich Gun Parts.
Yeah, good point considering the serial # is on a slide!

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Even if the SN is not on the slide, the gun manufacturers will ask the owners to return the whole gun to exchange the slide so they can test fire the gun after replacing the slide to make sure the gun is working correctly with the new slide.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
There's a pretty good chance that if you were to send it in to Taurus and they replaced the slide, it will come back as a blank. My 945 was sent out at some point before i bought it, the barrel and slide were both replaced. As such, neither one has a serial number on it. The only remaining serial is on the lower, which is the part actually considered a firearm. Which is also the reason why they would have to ship a replacement gun to an FFL unless they literally moved your number to another gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts