Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a TX-22 after lots of reading. Knowing the issues observed with the gun previously, I bought anyway...seems the barrel issues are fixed... the slide issue might be fixed with the lakeline ss guide.

What is a better option for a ssguide/spring. Is the lakeline offering better/worse than the ssguiderods version (Taurus TX22 Stainless Steel Guide Rod • Stainless Steel Guide Rods) there aren't any reviews on the ssguiderods site.

I had really wanted to get a glock, but the nonsense about how to load the mags, tap them on the rear or the front or some voodoo magic, decided to abort those plans and go with Taurus.

thanks.

·
Registered
875 Posts
We have never had a customer of one of the Lakeline recoil assemblies report a broken or cracked slide. It is kind of surprising because if a slide was already gouged up when our RSA was added, I would expect it might still break.

The solid height of the spring and geometry of its placement are very critical for this pistol. We use exact equivalence on that to the Taurus spring and geometry except that we grind the end of the spring smooth so it doesn't have a stress concentration with nor gouge the slide. That geometry protects both the frame and the slide. We submit our products to Taurus for approval and they sell the RSA on their website. So, there's that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts