Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you own SR9cs and/or SR40cs so here's the story and the question. I was cleaning the pistol today and when I broke it down it look like the recoil spring had a little bend in it and a little more play than I remembered. It has had around 800-900 rnds through and its been flawless. It shot fine with tight groups yesterday. Has anyone else noticed their's doing the same? Is it something I need to worry about and look into?

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
I'll pull mine to look, and maybe get a pic, but I've not had any bends or issues. Seems to me that as long as it maintains tension and doesn't get pinched anywhere, once compressed the 'bend' is probably not an issue. Can you post a pic??

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I know some of you own SR9cs and/or SR40cs so here's the story and the question. I was cleaning the pistol today and when I broke it down it look like the recoil spring had a little bend in it and a little more play than I remembered. It has had around 800-900 rnds through and its been flawless. It shot fine with tight groups yesterday. Has anyone else noticed their's doing the same? Is it something I need to worry about and look into?
I have an SR40C stainless, and have not noticed anything unusual on the recoil spring.

SR40C-TakeDown1.jpg

If you look at the Ruger website, replacements are available at a reasonable price, plus if you use the discount code given to you when you recorded your purchase with Ruger, that makes them an even better deal. The entire assembly is only $5 !

VS02060-100-SR9c-SR40c-Guide-Rod-Assembly-Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

63036_L.jpg

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Mine looked the same as TD's 40, and there is a little play, side to side, but I can't imagine what you're calling a 'bend'. I think just getting the back up is probably the best plan.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks gents, maybe I was being a little paronoid. But I do think getting the backup recoil spring is a good idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts