Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a very slightly used Ruger SR40c. The previous owner bought it and didn't like it, so much so that he put it away dirty and been sitting that way about 3 months. I rescued it, cleaned it up and now here it is. I have been looking for 1 for a while and this one fit the bill nicely.

Now what to do with the pt740. Not sure I will need 2 cc 40's and my LC9.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Great catch!

We have about the same carry weapons.

Off duty and as a BUG, I have lately been carrying a S&W Shield in .40 in a tuckable IWB, but I also carry my "K" model (stainless) SR40C IWB when dressed casually with an untucked shirt.

I still have my LC9, and stainless PT709 and PT740, but only occasionally carry those. depending on the circumstances.

Unless you need the cash or trading material, keep the 740.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
Remember, as well, that, if you should have to use a carry-gun, it becomes evidence. Best to have an understudy to use under those conditions.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
the only thing better than a good ccw is 2 ccws now you got one for the car
i have a holster that fits in front of my drivers seat

jhp

·
Registered
8,803 Posts
Nice buy. I'd hang on to the 740, though.

I've got backups for my backups. LOL

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Yep , backups for backups and BUGS to boot. One is better for the pocket, two are solid IWB, one works on the ankle...

nothing wrong with a full ensemble!!

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
That's a spiffy looking little pistol.

Congratulations on a nice addition to your "family". :guns:

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
SR40c rescue
Now what to do with the pt740. Not sure I will need 2 cc 40's and my LC9.
It was a kind and considerate act to "adopt" a homeless and abandoned firearm. Keep your other gun, then go find a dozen more, and you'll be like the crazy old cat lady who lives down the street. :)

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
I carry a sr9c I dont have a 40 and thought about getting one but I realy want ruger to hurry up and bring out the sr45c Randy

·
Registered
30,023 Posts
Nice find!

I'll echo the hold onto the PT 740... unless you are close to Ft Worth and want to get rid of it cheap... :D :D ;)

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I have but do not carry the full size SR40. Surprisingly it does not seem as big as it is in a Simply Rugged pancake. The holster is only about 1/2" longer from the belt than the one I use for a 85UL.. lots heavier tho. It shoots well and is accurate. I've never had a fail to fire or feed.

Its like most guns today, full of plastic parts including trigger, guide rod, frame. Holding it in my hand with the slide and mag removed there just ain't much there. Oh well, the good old days are still here but it costs major bucks to get really good stuff.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I own and love an SR40C with a polished slide. The only hand gun I have that is more accurate, or has a better trigger is my 6-inch Ruger Security Six .357, but it's a beast! Enjoy... and keep the one you like best, if you can't keep them both for some reason. :)

·
Registered
25,027 Posts
It is always best to keep a spare.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts