Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all. I've been looking for experiences from folks with the Matched Pair Pistol. Unfortunately, there's very little about them out there. So, I broke down and bought one a few months ago, and I've been tickled with it...mostly. I encountered a few problems right out of the box. First off, the .22lr barrel had an issue with the rear sight-it wasn't properly screwed down. One of the screws had been cross-threaded on install. Fortunately, not much effort had been put into forcing it, and the threads cleaned up nicely. Besides that, the .22 barrel is great, shoots nicely and launches brass clear of the chamber flawlessly. The .410/.45colt barrel, however, has the holes for the front sight drilled off-center, and too far off center for the rear sight to adjust to suit. It consistently throws all patterns to the left or point-of-aim, and it cannot be corrected by simple sight adjustment-it will have to be re-drilled. Yes, I know, I should have inspected it better out of the box, but its been a busy couple of months.
My primary goal for the pistol was squirrel and rabbit hunting anyway, so I've been pointing it like a shotgun with pretty good results. Took a squirrel the other day at about twelve yards. It was the third squirrel I'd shot at; the first two were running, and it takes some practice to swing and lead with a handgun! Since I have taken several others, but haven't yet gotten into a batch of tough old fox squirrels...that will be the test for pattern and velocity. Rabbit season hasn't started here yet, but I'm looking forward to loading up with some #4 or #5 shot and giving that a try!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also bought this pistol but have yet to shoot it. I have plenty of squirrels around and will be trying it out shortly. I really like the feel of the gun and the trigger on mine is like butter! It is very smooth and crisp. I think it will be a fun gun to shoot.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Welcome aboard Big Iron....in the ever lasting, unending war against the back yard terrorists, with good men like you....we will prevail!

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
24,936 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota. Looks like you're having fun.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I haven't seen or heard of that pistol... interesting.

Grats on the successful hunt and the new pistol, and welcome to the best forum on the net.

·
Registered
29,959 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state.

State of over "1 MILLION 120 THOUSAND" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

...and BTW...."SQUIRREL"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts