Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
You know what's pretty sad? That I actually took the thread title literally because there are actually people online who post threads like this in which they proudly boast of their ability to kill squirrels with a 9mm pistol, complete with grisly pictures of their so-called hunts. Ah, but then again, when your last quarry was a rat you cornered inside your barn or cellar, I suppose that would seem like something worth boasting about.

Personal pet peeves aside, nice shooting.

Reactions: RalphG2

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Nothing wrong with killing tree rats.

Reactions: MOONDAWG

·
Super Moderator
35,452 Posts
You know what's pretty sad? That I actually took the thread title literally because there are actually people online who post threads like this in which they proudly boast of their ability to kill squirrels with a 9mm pistol, complete with grisly pictures of their so-called hunts. Ah, but then again, when your last quarry was a rat you cornered inside your barn or cellar, I suppose that would seem like something worth boasting about.

Personal pet peeves aside, nice shooting.

You mean like this? Of course, I use a .22. 9mm is a might destructive of good meat. Those squirrel don't look too tasty, though.

Oh, yeah, here's the rat I shot in mom's basement with my 9mm. :p

Attachments

·
Registered
15,232 Posts
I'm thinking those squirrels were mocking you and laughing at you. I counted 49 misses. Don't let them get into your head. They're devious little SOBs and it's your job, your DUTY to eradicate them. It's also a good thing you made most of them pay for their errors in judgement. You're doing God's work my friend.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
@NativeTexan

Well, that's part of what I'm talking about. If you're actually hunting squirrels for food and fur, then obviously you'd want to use a round that deals minimal damage to the meat/hide/pelt/etc and results in a clean kill, ergo folks who would shoot a squirrel with a 9mm handgun, much less post pictures of the gorey results aren't hunters, just trigger-happy psychos.
I was honestly thinking of a guy I used to live near who would shoot just about any animal that came near his property, but the guy wasn't a hunter, just a nut with guns who'd kill animals then literally leave them to rot. Whenever the wind would blow it would carry the rancid smell of death from his yard.

There's nothing wrong with hunting, in fact, I find it honorable since it helps to keep the animal population under control, plus it requires effort/skill to actually kill, skin, and gut the animal. It's folks who just kill animals for their own twisted amusement who fill me with contempt.

·
Super Moderator
35,452 Posts
@NativeTexan

Well, that's part of what I'm talking about. If you're actually hunting squirrels for food and fur, then obviously you'd want to use a round that deals minimal damage to the meat/hide/pelt/etc and results in a clean kill, ergo folks who would shoot a squirrel with a 9mm handgun, much less post pictures of the gorey results aren't hunters, just trigger-happy psychos.
I was honestly thinking of a guy I used to live near who would shoot just about any animal that came near his property, but the guy wasn't a hunter, just a nut with guns who'd kill animals then literally leave them to rot. Whenever the wind would blow it would carry the rancid smell of death from his yard.

There's nothing wrong with hunting, in fact, I find it honorable since it helps to keep the animal population under control, plus it requires effort/skill to actually kill, skin, and gut the animal. It's folks who just kill animals for their own twisted amusement who fill me with contempt.
Well, I've been butchering the deer I brought home from Uvalde. I've been dumping the bones/scraps out back. The vultures love me again. :rofl: They're picking the meat left off the bones faster than they can rot, though, so no smell. :D

Heck, I know lots of folks that kill pigs just to get rid of 'em and I can understand that seeing the damage they can do. But, there ain't no eradicating them, is a lost cause, and I really like smoked pork meat. :D So, when I start seeing 'em show up to my feeder at a certain time of night, I plan an ambush. :D I really do like shooting pigs, good eats right there! I eat squirrel, but don't hunt 'em much anymore. They were a main quarry when I was a kid. My mom got tired of making squirrel dumplings, I think, but it sure was good. :D

·
Super Moderator
13,948 Posts
Dis thread has been a edikashun. I had NO idea squirrels were such a danger. Wow!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts