Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
9,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my old 10/22 to a friend, and lived with a Rossi RS22 for awhile. Its Fiber Optic sites, light weight, lock back on empty, and good magazines make it a great entry level 22 rifle. But nothing runs as slick as a 10/22. So for $199 plus a $15 transfer fee I got a new stainless 10/22:
Games
The lower left 6 inch sticky target center circle are the last 10 rounds while zeroing the inexpensive Simmons 4X30 - 22mag scope at 100 feet. So what do you do after setting up a squirrel rifle?
Squirrel Fox squirrel Rodent Eurasian Red Squirrel ground squirrels
These are the 4 I found, I think the neighbors hounds got the other 2 while I was picking these up. I was pretty close to our property lines and his hounds were visiting me as they often do. Oh and like most dogs they love a good squirrel hunt. 3 of the four were one shot drops, the little gray did some front leg tree climbing before dropping. But all 6 were one shot take downs using CCI MM 36grn HP's.

·
Super Moderator
14,007 Posts
Nice rifle, nice shooting. I grew up and have lived where there are not squirrels, aka "tree rats", so I don't fully comprehend the problem that they can be. And of all the foods I've tried in my life, squirrel stew is not - yet - one of them.

Reactions: silverstring

·
Super Moderator
37,995 Posts
Reactions: silverstring

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
Me like fried squirrels....and fried rabbit, and fried chicken, and fried crab claws, and shrimp, and oysters....and...and.......
Oh..and me rike fli lice...ah so.

·
9,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reactions: brojohn
1 - 6 of 6 Posts