Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Squeeze power

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  drummin_man627 
#1 ·
I hope this is the right place for this.

I know about people firing a gun with a casual hold. My brother just about knocked himself cold casually fanning a 6 inch .44 magnum.

I've read about people squeezing a grip until their eyes practically bulge out before firing.

But I've never read or heard anything saying what is the "proper" amount of pressure to put on the grip of a handgun when firing. I've never seen or heard it even discussed. Did I simply miss it?

Thanks a million.

JimL

#2 ·
Fantastic Post ;)...kinda wonder that myself...
Have paitence..the replies will come...and you are in the right forum..

I will watch this one also..this could be some good advice coming 8)

See All you 44 guys another reason not to shoot that big ole bullet...Lord have mercy....LOL

#4 ·
NYPD great post! As I say your never to old to learn got a tip myself. I know I've had to watch my little finger I got the bad habit of gripping with it esp. since I don't have the hours of shootin time as I used to. Got me a .22 today gonna practice allot with it. Makes you stop and think about all the guys that complain about theirs shootin low huh? Thanks NYPD

#6 ·
NYPD in AZ said:
Instead of saying this myself, here's a link to an excellent article concerning grip technique:
http://www.bullseyepistol.com/ron2.htm
Great article. How on earth did you find it? I see that that article is part of a series on "Fundamentals." But I can't find a table of "Fundamentals" contents anywhere on the site. Can you point us to it?

Thanks a million

JimL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.