Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is the right place for this.

I know about people firing a gun with a casual hold. My brother just about knocked himself cold casually fanning a 6 inch .44 magnum.

I've read about people squeezing a grip until their eyes practically bulge out before firing.

But I've never read or heard anything saying what is the "proper" amount of pressure to put on the grip of a handgun when firing. I've never seen or heard it even discussed. Did I simply miss it?

Thanks a million.

JimL

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Fantastic Post ;)...kinda wonder that myself...
Have paitence..the replies will come...and you are in the right forum..

I will watch this one also..this could be some good advice coming 8)

See All you 44 guys another reason not to shoot that big ole bullet...Lord have mercy....LOL

·
Registered
846 Posts
NYPD great post! As I say your never to old to learn got a tip myself. I know I've had to watch my little finger I got the bad habit of gripping with it esp. since I don't have the hours of shootin time as I used to. Got me a .22 today gonna practice allot with it. Makes you stop and think about all the guys that complain about theirs shootin low huh? Thanks NYPD

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
+1 ..NYPD
never knew that...what a great article..thank you..saved it to my computer...

As I say your never to old to learn got a tip myself

man..i love this forum

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NYPD in AZ said:
Instead of saying this myself, here's a link to an excellent article concerning grip technique:
http://www.bullseyepistol.com/ron2.htm
Great article. How on earth did you find it? I see that that article is part of a series on "Fundamentals." But I can't find a table of "Fundamentals" contents anywhere on the site. Can you point us to it?

Thanks a million

JimL

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
http://www.bullseyepistol.com/index.htm

This is a link to the main page. If you look on the right hand side in the light blue shaded area you will see articles by Ron Steinbrecher. These are all listed under the fundamental series.

Besides this, all the links in the middle of the page are quite useful as well. Enjoy and learn what you can.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts