Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Their 1911's kinda are the frames and slides are I believe, their assembled in Illinois though I believe. Someone will chime in for sure :)

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
I don't know if true or not....but I read somewhere (forgot?) that most 1911 frames are made in S.A.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Both my XDm .40 and XD 9mm are Croatian.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Well I know alota ones in the US are cast frames like the Ruger and I think the R1 are cast framed guns

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Yes and no kind of answer. I just sold a Springfield Loaded 1911. The parts are made in Brazil but the gun is assembled in Illinois. The gun was manufactured in 2004 and now I hear the Loaded line can be found stamped with either a place in Brazil or the Illinois.

Attachments

Reactions: sparks9293

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
That's a sharp looking pistol Joe I always liked the Springfields. The TRP is a dream pistol of mine :)

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
That's a sharp looking pistol Joe I always liked the Springfields. The TRP is a dream pistol of mine :)
Thanks I sold it due to lack of use as I don't have any safe queens. It actually got picked up today by the buyer. I'm sure he will love it also as it shots great and I had 10 maginzines for it as well as an old but nice OWB 3 possition leather belt holster for it.

I just didn't use it much is all. I have a Colt that my father built years ago for compition as well as my daily carry RIA/Armscor 1911 CS compact, so it really spent time in the safe. Besides I wanted to buy another gun for my cowboy action gun and wife said sell one and use that to buy it. I bought the gun very cheap and sold it for fair market value so I don't feel so bad about selling it.

The TRP are really nice guns but not for me as I'm not much on the tach rail on a 1911.

Reactions: sparks9293

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Thanks I sold it due to lack of use as I don't have any safe queens. It actually got picked up today by the buyer. I'm sure he will love it also as it shots great and I had 10 maginzines for it as well as an old but nice OWB 3 possition leather belt holster for it.

I just didn't use it much is all. I have a Colt that my father built years ago for compition as well as my daily carry RIA/Armscor 1911 CS compact, so it really spent time in the safe. Besides I wanted to buy another gun for my cowboy action gun and wife said sell one and use that to buy it. I bought the gun very cheap and sold it for fair market value so I don't feel so bad about selling it.

The TRP are really nice guns but not for me as I'm not much on the tach rail on a 1911.
Now they have a model without the rail that I think is just a great looking gun but then what they go for is abit high to so I dunno that I'll ever get one. I agree I don't care for rails though I do have a PT1911 with a rail that's a good shooter.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Now they have a model without the rail that I think is just a great looking gun but then what they go for is abit high to so I dunno that I'll ever get one. I agree I don't care for rails though I do have a PT1911 with a rail that's a good shooter.
It isn't so much that I dislike the rails I do, however there are some guns, classic that I don't like them on. One example is the 1911 another would be say a Colt Peace maker with step front sights and adjustable rear sights. It did take me awhile to even love up to my Taurus PT92 as I used to carry a Beretta 92 and the Taurus has the rail. I will say though that I've grown used to it on the 92.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
It isn't so much that I dislike the rails I do, however there are some guns, classic that I don't like them on. One example is the 1911 another would be say a Colt Peace maker with step front sights and adjustable rear sights. It did take me awhile to even love up to my Taurus PT92 as I used to carry a Beretta 92 and the Taurus has the rail. I will say though that I've grown used to it on the 92.
Right, I really wish like the PT92 Taurus would make without the rail but it's not so bad as on the PT1911, it's a great home defense gun and it's practical but it just doesn't seem right on a 1911, not to mention alot of guns like the TRP with a rail it's barely noticeable but Taurus for some reason goes with that huge rail on it. I would have a PT1911 with polished stainless and gold accents when they were going for just under 500 but the rail just ruined it for me.

·
Registered
36,678 Posts
He-he-he, well the son in law and daughter was a few of the ones up for Christmas and as usual the talk among most of the guys turned to guns, deer hunting, guns, fishing, guns, football, and guns!
the SIL asked me what would i buy if I was going to get a new 1911 , he was considering buying one.
I asked what he wanted in a 1911, a shooter or a bragger (look what i got).
I told him i leaned to Taurus myself.
I ended up telling him that i was kind of leaning toward a Springer and that i had started out to buy a Loaded model or range officer on a couple of occasions and got side tracked with a better deal.
he said yea i like My XD because I kind of like to buy American!
I paused and said you mean you like to buy croatian you mean?
what are you talking about Willis he says??
I said they are made in Croatia!
then explained that the 1911 was Brazlian made, American assembled!
needless to say he was surprized, But hey a lot of people are surprized at what comes from the foreign lands and works pretty darned good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts