Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local gun shop had the SPringfield XDS's for $399.99. Since I had already purchased two guns in the past week, I thought I should pass. To make a short story long, I didn't pass, but didn't buy it there. I stopped in at Cabelas before picking someone up at the airport. Cabelas said they would match the other store's ad. This was way better because I had a $50 gift card and $130 in Cabelas points. I ended up with a brand new XDS that cost me $250. Happy Black Friday to me!

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a cabelas credit card and it has a rewards program. I typically use it for gas and save the points all year for something big.

·
22,034 Posts
DSC01186.JPG That's a great deal! Now we just need pictures and a range report!

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
That's sweet!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Congrats. I love mine in 45 ACP and wouldn't trade it for the world. It gets way more carry time than my shield, although lately my Taurus PLY- 25 is getting some carry time.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
A local gun shop had the SPringfield XDS's for $399.99. Since I had already purchased two guns in the past week, I thought I should pass. To make a short story long, I didn't pass, but didn't buy it there. I stopped in at Cabelas before picking someone up at the airport. Cabelas said they would match the other store's ad. This was way better because I had a $50 gift card and $130 in Cabelas points. I ended up with a brand new XDS that cost me $250. Happy Black Friday to me!
Amen, Preacher Rodgers! :angel:

·
Super Moderator
13,811 Posts
Great buy, good for you. The XDs is on my short list to become my pocket pistol.

·
Super Moderator
21,452 Posts
I have had one of the older XD-9's for years it is without a doubt one of the best shooting guns I own. And still is a comfortable gun to carry. Congrats to you on the purchase of a fine weapon.

Reactions: PreacherRodgers

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Good deal on a great gun. I heard about the $399 XDS at Tri State from my buddy that works at ACE. And hello from another Pullman resident!

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Well played Sir !

I am fiddling around with holsters for my XDS as is my wife for hers.

I was/am going to start a thread when I finish making a holster that suits ne for the XDS. I have kind of a different opinion about the XDS than others. It seems as though all I see is people figuring ways to put them in their fruit of the looms and so forth. To me they make a very handy OWB pistol. Being so small they take up little room on the belt and with the Pearce mag base on them, are not all that difficult to shoot well.

I grant that they are a great "hideaway" but I don't think they need to be limited to that role. I find mine, even in that alleged "holster" that comes with it, to be a handy gun to wear on a casual day

Reactions: 45 Forever
1 - 12 of 12 Posts