Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While looking for a Glock 26 , I ran across a Springfield XD9 Compact .. in the essentials configuration.. Hard case two mags one 13rd one 16rd .. Springfield is now selling the XD Duty , and the XD compact in a Defender config. cardboard box and one mag .. @ 300.00 , sometimes they can be found for less ..
Which means you can get a XD ( duty or Compact) for the same price as a Ruger Security 9 , S&W SD , Walther Creed and about 50 to 75 more than a PT111 ...

I sorta lucked up on my XD Compact 9mm, $280.00 shipped NIB with 2 mags ,

Attachments

·
Administrator
35,569 Posts
Outstanding deal, on an outstanding gun. I've shot one quite a few times and I was impressed. Congrats !

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
You will like the sub compact a lot I like mine surprisingly accuracy

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a pic of my XD9 SC that I received the other day ... Im a Glock guy .. But this pistol reeks of
"Top Quality " ....
I have always heard of the thickness of the XD vs Glock .... I done a bit of measuring... The Lower half of the XD's slide is thicker than my G27 ... But frame thickiness just below slide is equal ... so with carry ,slide thickiness is a non factor...
The XD9 SC weighs exactly 3 oz more than my Glock 27 ... Not much more .. Extra weight comes from the XDs longer grip and the more robust slide ..
If it drys out some , I will get a bit of range time tomorrow..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
This is a pic of my XD9 SC that I received the other day ... Im a Glock guy .. But this pistol reeks of
"Top Quality " ....
I have always heard of the thickness of the XD vs Glock .... I done a bit of measuring... The Lower half of the XD's slide is thicker than my G27 ... But frame thickiness just below slide is equal ... so with carry ,slide thickiness is a non factor...
The XD9 SC weighs exactly 3 oz more than my Glock 27 ... Not much more .. Extra weight comes from the XDs longer grip and the more robust slide ..
If it drys out some , I will get a bit of range time tomorrow..
I love mine

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
35,365 Posts
I was interested in the XDe hammer gun, like it a LOT, but I found a Taurus TH9C that satisfied the niche with a lot more firepower and 180 bucks cheaper. I like the XDs vs Glock, a redundant grip safety. I would be happy with that, grip the gun with my fingers not touching the grip safety as I holster which would satisfy my biggest safety concern with "safe action" firearms and single actions without a safety. But, truth be told, I'm a hammer fired DA/SA kinda guy. :D The TH9C feels REAL good, shoots REAL good and has all the features of the XDe. It's a tiny bit thicker as it has a double stack magazine. And, I REALLY like it. :D

I like the CZs, too, and thought about looking for a compact CZ to carry, but went with the Taurus. It's a good little gun and really accurate.

·
Super Moderator
35,365 Posts
BTW, ain't it GREAT that we have so many quality choices? No matter what your preference now days, seems like there are multiple choices. :D And, a lot of 'em are similar like the XDs and Glocks. If you like Glocks, I don't see why you wouldn't like the XD series! Personally, I REALLY appreciate that grip safety. :D

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BTW, ain't it GREAT that we have so many quality choices? No matter what your preference now days, seems like there are multiple choices. :D And, a lot of 'em are similar like the XDs and Glocks. If you like Glocks, I don't see why you wouldn't like the XD series! Personally, I REALLY appreciate that grip safety. :D
List of Value pistols

Taurus PT111 G2
Ruger Security 9
Walther Creed
S&W SD9VE
XD Defender

This is a good time to get a high quality lesser exspensive pistol

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I bought a XD-9 about a month ago but I wouldn't know how good a gun it is. It hasn't stopped raining and drizzling since I got it and besides it's been cold too. You can't walk about the property without rubber boots and a slicker suit. It's frustrating. Someday soon the sun will shine again, the ground will dry out and the sound of gunfire will reverberate around the homestead!

Glad to know that the XD is so well regarded by you guys and gals.

·
Super Moderator
35,365 Posts
I bought a XD-9 about a month ago but I wouldn't know how good a gun it is. It hasn't stopped raining and drizzling since I got it and besides it's been cold too. You can't walk about the property without rubber boots and a slicker suit. It's frustrating. Someday soon the sun will shine again, the ground will dry out and the sound of gunfire will reverberate around the homestead!

Glad to know that the XD is so well regarded by you guys and gals.
I feel your frustration.

You promise it will dry out? I might just miss planting a garden this spring. Can't till, can't plant. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
112 Posts
The introduction of all the Mod 2 models seems to be driving the price of the 1st gen gun models down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The introduction of all the Mod 2 models seems to be driving the price of the 1st gen gun models down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That "Grip Zone " solidified the Gen 1 for me ..;-)

·
Registered
36,790 Posts
That "Grip Zone " solidified the Gen 1 for me ..;-)
Me as well!
I really hate grabbing the barrel of a handgun and trying to fire it, not to mention trying to decide which end needs to go down into my IWB Holster!!

Reactions: Buckeye!

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yesterday afternoon.. I had a very short range time withbthe XD9 SC ...

# 1 ... Very nice trigger .. great reset
# 2 ....Very manageable recoil (115gr FMJ) Quick, accurate follow up
# 3 ....I really like this pistol .... Seems like we hit it off ...

Hopefully next week .. I can have a bit more range time ,..

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Put another box of FMJ and 25rds of 115gr +P HP through it also , to test function.. 100% ..& the +P was a pussycat.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts