Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, My lgs has them NIB for 399$ and I was wondering if that was a good deal, I saw them yesterday and if I get some "good deal" response I will get one. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
If your LGS has them NIB for that price and that is what you wan,t take it. Depending on the exact model, most Springfield XDs go for $450 plus. Even CheaperThanDirt doesn't beat that price. I have shot both the 9MM and 45ACP and they are very nice shooting pistols. Unless you already have multiple calibers sticking to one caliber will make it easier for ammo especially if you reload. However having different calibers to shoot is also fun.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I had an XD9 for a while. About 500 rounds worth. A strong weapon. I called it the Black Maria.
I had trouble making my hand work the grip safety. I sold it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Got my xd9 as my first handgun and was instantly impressed. Dead on out of the box. The 709 came next so I could use the same ammo. Again dead on out of the box and has become my fav. Have my Range Officer but the 9's are better for my small wallet.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I bought my XD9 SC from CTD back around Sept. when they had them on sale for $399. The SC is my carry weapon because its light, compact and dead on right out of the box. The XD's boast of super-fast "point and shoot" ability. If you practise (WITH a unloaded weapon) unholstering, pulling out of your pocket or whatever and bring it to battery, those 3 sights are right there and dead on. On some of my heavier guns like my 1911 or PT101 its always front end heavy and it takes an extra split second movent to raise the front end and front sight to the rear sights.

I have since then added MeProlight sigts on mt XD9 SC.

I would jump on that $399 price if one is the market.

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
I don't really want it but it just seemed like a great deal. I am not to familiar with that weapon.
Dog Gone It, you sure sound like someone else I know......"not really something I would go out to buy, but the price was too good not to".

I had two of them, full and compact....just wasn't me. I'm not too much of a poly man, but the XD just seems too plastic for my feel liking. They are good guns....just for someone else.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
I once owned a HS 2000 9mm ..which is the XD before it was imported by Springfeild ,,I paid 205.00 OTD for that HS 2000 which was brand new fresh from Knoxville TN where they where imported to...Ran about 5,000 or more rounds though it....and then sold it 8 yrs later for 350.00 to fella that thought he won the lottery...

I'm not a XD fan..but they are great pistols....and that sir seems like a very fair price for a side arm that you will never wear out..

If you shoot alot , pick the 9mm... if you shoot little, pick the 40 S&W....

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Springfield recently dropped their prices on the XD line (not the XDm).

$399 is a good price though as I see the standard and sub-compact XD's for around $429 now.

·
Banned
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Springfield recently dropped their prices on the XD line (not the XDm).

$399 is a good price though as I see the standard and sub-compact XD's for around $429 now.
I didn't mention but the compact 9 is also $399 but they only had 1 left

·
Banned
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what I am getting at is if I can sell them at a profit in the future I will buy them all but I want all you guys thoughts, I have seen them on line for $429, should I chance it?

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
I would pass, at $399 plus tax you would be at the average sale price on th current market. The XD line of SA seems to have staggered off somewhat, which would explain the factory lowering the MSRP of the gun. If I were to be looking at picking up a pistol for investment purposes, I would focus on the all metal semi auto pistols like the PT-911. It is a smaller frame, all metal, as light as many poly guns the same size, will always transfer with a lifetime warranty, extreemly under rated yet greatly appreciated by those who take the time to look them over, come with 2 magazines with a high capacity reserve for around $345 delivered.

However, this is my personal opinion, and we all know what opinions are like...

·
Banned
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks jon, I sold my gold cup and rail gun today for 1800$ today, I profited 600$, I just got lucky when I purchased those colts. I am thinking seriously on your advice thanks buddy. But also If I buy 5 XD's from my lgs I believe I may be exempt from tax which I will try to do tomorrow, if it's a no-go I guess I will just pass.

·
Banned
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I now have a original 70 series and an officers which will be buried with me and of course a PT1911AL and the polished SS PT1911 which I am willing to sell, not selling the PT1911AL, I love that pistol.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Check and make sure that is not an "Essentials Package". That means no holster, no extra mag, no mag loader and no mag pouch like in the normal SA XD package. I've seen the SS slide XDsc for $460 with the full package at my LGS for the last couple of months and the extras are certainly worth more than the extra $60.

I think Kentucky Gun had those XD's with Essential Package as low as $350 just a short time ago.

·
Banned
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Green, it is the loaded package, holster, extra mag, mag loader and double mag pouch is what caught my eye at first. BTW it is the Blue pistol not SS.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
That is a great price if it is the loaded package. BTW, the blue (or black) version carries a higher value than the SS. My oldest son has been looking for a good deal on the XDsc in 9mm, where is your LGS?

·
Banned
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
That's a better price than I've seen around here, and as for the caliber, I say go with the .40. I've been shooting it since it first came out, and I have zero complaints with its performance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts