Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got the Springfield XD .45 ACP Tactical, though I haven't had an opportunity to run any ammo through it yet. My initial impressions are that it has a good fit & finish, fits my hands well (even though it's on the larger size) and the grip safety, while I'm glad it's there, doesn't seem all that noticeable when I grasp it.

I'll get some pictures of it posted in the near future, along with those of the Saiga that I still owe everyone. :D

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Still no pics of it yet, though I have had an opportunity to finally shoot almost a full box of WWB 230 gr. bulk ammo through it. Like with the PT1911, the recoil with the XD is negligible and re-acquisition of the target for follow-up shots was easily managed. I attribute some of this to the gun's design and some to myself since I'm not overly bothered by recoil.

The trigger was not crisp but not 'mushy' as I've heard described by some. It isn't bad however by any means and I think I'll just have to re-familiarize myself every time it's taken out for it's turn at some range time.

I like it a lot, though I do like the PT1911 just a little more. I shoot the PT1911 better than I do the XD so I think some of my bias may lay there. :D

In conclusion, I'm quite happy with my purchase and would buy it again. :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I had planned on purchasing an XD when they first came out, but made the mistake of fondling a 24/7 and never put it down. I still may at some point get one... Glad your happy with yours :)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I'm getting a 24/7 but awaiting the OSS version. I was set on the .45 but now debating the .40 instead since I don't own any pistols in that caliber.

·
Registered
625 Posts
The trigger on my XD 9 is quite good, but I actually required the store clerk to bring a few out so I could pick the one with the best trigger.

It sounds like you got a good shooter there.

Todd

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally got around to taking some pics of it. Here they are. The PT1911 is included as well with her new Hogue wraparound rubber grips.
;D

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Good choice... I feel the XD is one of the finest polymer pistols out of the box. (Not knocking my 24/7 or M&P, but the XD-45 is my favorite.) I have the 4-inch barrel with the compact grip frame. It conceals really well.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like it so much that a XD 9mm Tactical is on the future 'to have' list as well. However the 24/7 OSS model is on that list as well, and possibly a 24/7 9mm LS if I can find one. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts