Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

What are your opinions on the SA XD .45ACP handgun? I haven't had the experience to shoot one yet but it seems to be a fine piece of equipment. I'm thinking of getting one. Any opinions/insights that you might want to share?

Thanks! ;)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Reliable, good ergonomics, extra safety (grip), 13+1 capacity (10+1 if you live in one of those areas ;)),
nice price point.

And yes I have one and love it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My dad has an XD .45 Tactical with night sights and it's a great gun. Pretty accurate and plenty of fun to shoot. Seems to be really reliable, too, and they've just released a model with a thumb safety (if you feel you need ANOTHER one).

·
Registered
166 Posts
I shot a buddys 2 weeks ago. Really impressed with it....so much so I am wondering if I want a XD9...

·
Registered
54 Posts
My first handgun I owned was an XD45 3 years ago----it is still my favorite-- it is a natural shooter-- it hits where I point it--about 2 FTF in 3K+

USA and Croatia got this one right-- I have the service length, but I would love to get the tactical---

Definatly my favorite pistol of all time-- (so far!!)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I have an XD .45 ACP Tactical and it's been an extremely reliable and accurate gun since day one. Recoil, IMO, feels like a 9mm. The sights are great too and good ergos. I want to add the subcompact 9mm and service or tactical 9mm as well.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I can only speak for the 9 & 40 (Don't you hate when people do that)
But XD's are fine guns. As accurate as my other pistols. You won't be sorry.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for your comments on the XD....I guess a lot of you use the Tactical. What are its advantages over the other models?

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
nelsito said:
Thanks everyone for your comments on the XD....I guess a lot of you use the Tactical. What are its advantages over the other models?
5-inch barrel= longer sight radius and higher bullet velocity.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
nelsito said:
Also reduced recoil and reduced time getting back on target for any follow up shots.

Steelheart

·
Registered
25 Posts
i bought one (XD45) when they first came out, liked it so much i just bought an XDSC40.
TOOK them all to the range today and the 2 that shot the best (TODAY) were th XD AND THE PT1911 then the BABY EAGLE and last today was my old fathfull SA1911-A1.
dont think she liked the new kid today (PT1911)

·
Registered
123 Posts
My XD 45 Tac. jobber is current my most accurate 45 ACP, actually right at a tie with my ol Kimber I sold a couple of years ago. It just brings a warm feeling to my heart to have 14 45 cal. hot rocks on tap. I don't understand what all the fuss about the trigger is on XDs, or other handguns for that matter. I had to relearn and do some adapting to my XD cuz on my first outing I was getting unintended double taps (that were good hits too). Guess that happens when ya' grow up shootin' revolvers. :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
nelsito said:
Hi guys,

What are your opinions on the SA XD .45ACP handgun? I haven't had the experience to shoot one yet but it seems to be a fine piece of equipment. I'm thinking of getting one. Any opinions/insights that you might want to share?

Thanks! ;)
I have 2 XD's my GF has a XD45c . . . even the kids like shooting the XD's they are a accurate, reliable, fun gun at the range and worthy of OC/CC . . . . but it ain't no BBQ gun

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have been looking at the XD45c also. Going to check one out on Sunday. Going to see what they will give me for my PT945.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Oops, hit the button too quickly. I love all of my XD's, and I would like to get the XDm45 next. They are incredibly reliable and functional with an aggregate of 4200 rounds through them, no fTf's, or fTe's, or any other problems, save one: sometimes the magazine on the XD40 doesn't drop always on demand. Outside of that, they are flawless. I carry the XD40 and PT1911DT daily and I trust the XD with my life. Springfield's Customer Service is phenominal!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I own the Millennium Pro 145. My brother wanted a gun. We went to an inside range that rents guns. We rented a Glock 30, S&W M&P 45 and the XD 45 service and ran about 200 rounds thru the guns. For me, the XD was the best. I liked the S&W sights the best. I liked the Glock; it was soft shooting and accurate but I was shooting high (still good groups). I think the heavily cut grip helped me shoot high as I was squeezing the grip too hard. The XD was soft shooting and very accurate. A lot more accurate than my 145 BUT, my 145 is a defense gun, it is not a target gun. I bought an XD 45 Service with the stainless slide. Springfield's stainless is not. I have had slight rust and some discoloration. Not so with the 145. Also, the 145 has a stainless barrel if you buy their stainless slide gun. I have 600 plus rounds thru my XD and it just goes bang. Being a larger gun, the recoil is less. Both guns have similar type of recoil springs. The XD is now my carry gun.
Good luck and I hope this is helpful!
Franklin

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
When SA finally releases an XDm in .45 ACP I will be first in line to buy one. I already have a great 1911 14+1(Para) and a 9mm XDm...the XD series are awesome. Reliable, good value, great ergonomics. Fits better than a Glock, functions better and costs less than a SIG.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts