Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked this one up today at a LGS, $502 sticker price. They are selling these Mil-Specs cheaper to entice people to join the Springfield Armory fold and guess what? It worked! Instead of the big plastic case it came in a cardboard box, only one magazine, one bicycle lock, and they didn't load me up with a cheesy mag holder/holster.

I think it's a bargain basement price for a great 1911! Forged steel, Parkerized, stainless steel "match grade barrel", 3 dot combat sights, and fully checkered wood grips. Some sources say they are "synthetic" wood, but I can't tell...they look and feel great. No up grades for me on this blue steel baby. I have my fully loaded PT 1911 for that stuff. Range report will be coming. Also note the first photo. "NOT ON CA DOJ ROSTER". That has to be a good thing!

iOGIwwf.jpg
iBkpooD.jpg
TNcnvBV.jpg
SUzpxF8.jpg

·
Administrator
39,376 Posts
That’s a handsome pistola! :thumb:

I wouldn’t mind one of those for myself. Time to put a bug in Santa’s ear.:D

Reactions: Kevin Keith

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Dropping the down payment on one myself tomorrow. I got to shoot one a few weeks ago, and it was a tack driver.

·
Administrator
39,376 Posts
We’re gonna wanna see that bad boy wearing those new grips!

·
Registered
36,026 Posts
Right? With a pistol like that maybe I won't be so embarrassed when I go to retiree reunions! :cool:
yea but you know you really, really, really need a chrome 1911 with gold inlays and extras chambered in 38 Super if you really want to make a statement!

·
Administrator
39,376 Posts
Those grips look great on black, and that's a nice holster for that pistol to ride around in!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Congratulations, nice pistol.

·
21,944 Posts
Very nice! 1911s in a matte finish just scream WWII to me. Yours reminds me of my Colt 1991.

Here it is back when it had the same thumb safety your has.
DSC03436.JPG

Here it is with Holly grips, the wood that most resembles ivory, and the extended thumb safety.

Have you shot your new Springfield yet?

Attachments

·
Registered
24,499 Posts
Congrats on your new slide gun.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts