Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ENJOY !!!!!

Reactions: rhuber

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
Very cool! Probably a company populated by MIT graduate engineers, who have come up with a solution in search of a problem!

·
32,499 Posts
If you go to Ft. Eustis' museum, U.S. Army Transportation Museum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

museum

there is a walker, similar to "Star Wars" AT-AT, AT-AT Walker (All Terrain Armored Transport) | StarWars.com that ran on gears, pulleys, and cables. The walker was to be used for military and civilian use in mountainous terrain or over hilly terrain.

The problem was that the dream like many others had it's major problems that were never overcome. Stability was a continuous problem.

There's also a prototype "Flying Saucer", which ran on flotation power (not too successful) and other great untold stories most people are not aware of.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Reminds me of rev A of "Amy" from "Mission to Mars"

·
Registered
24,546 Posts
Does it need a potty box or does it bark to go outside?

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Maybe it's just me but I always saw a problem with the system. Out patrolling and you come under fire. The patrol goes to ground or charges into the ambush as the case may be. Then after you find out that all your gear is now shot to crap because they pasted poor Spots butt from here to Kingdom Come. Talk about eggs in one basket.

Sarge

1 - 8 of 8 Posts