Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having lots of spooks, goblins and other scary things knocking on your doors tonight? 0 for us, but we never have any.
Anyway, Happy Halloween! :saevil:

Registered
Oddly enough, our town had trick or treating tonight when pretty much every other town and borough around postponed it to tomorrow night, due to the weather. This was a really bad night for kids to be out, steady rain with intermittent downpours and high winds.

Reactions: Smokewagon

Registered
So far, 2 knocks on the door. One was a grandson. Halloween just isn't what it used to be.
When I was a kid, it was the biggest holiday of the year...:mellow:...after Christmas, of course. Once it got to the point that kids couldn't safely go out without their parents, it went to crap. :dunno:...no way to have fun with your parents around.

Administrator
I definitely remember groups of people milling around on sidewalks, going from house to house, little kids with parents and older kids in groups, today the sidewalks are deserted with the rare exception. :(

Registered
Mine was a rural country neighborhood, everybody knew everybody. Toddlers were usually out with an older sibling, only infants were ever seen with their parents. My friends and I might hit a few houses for candy in the last half hour or so but for the most part, we just ran around scarin' the crap outa' the other kids. Of course, there was an occasional bag slicer in the bunch, though I never thought that was cool. I still use the phrase "he sliced his bag" when referring to someone who has screwed someone else over.

Super Moderator
Our downtown puts on a big deal with lots of cops and all the antebellum homes decked out.
We still got about 6, plus the grandkids and their friends!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Registered
We had in excess of 250 kids, weather was perfect, if not a bit too warm at 85. Probably went through about 30 pounds of candy. The actual head count will be available later today...

Premium Member
We had a fair number of kids show up. Temps in the 40s probably kept the number down below what we normally have. The younger ones showed up before sundown, and groups kept showing up until about 8 o'clock. We even had a couple of 10-12 yo knock on the door after lights out. One thing I noticed later was that all the kids noticed the doorbell camera and would wave or pose.

Super Moderator
I spent Halloween morning and afternoon helping to set up Harvest Festival at Haynes Park, located next to our church. Games, booths, inflatable jumping houses and slides, craft activities, that sort of thing. Also rock climbing wall and fire department. I saw about 1,000 cool-dressed kids last night, most with parents. 1,000 is down from normal years, where as many as 5,000 have attended. Must have been the colder-than-normal temperatures here lately.

At our house, I remove the light bulbs from outside the garage and close the gate to the front patio. We just don't have that many little kids in the neighborhood, anymore. Like my boys, they grew up and moved away. Plus, we got tired of teenagers ringing the doorbell after 10:00 PM looking for whatever was left.

Supporting SuperModerator
The fun left with the last 鈥渙uthouse鈥

Reactions: Smokewagon

Registered
I've noticed a change in the age groups. When I was a kid, at around 13 or 14 years old was when we figured we were too old to be trick or treating anymore. Nowadays, I swear most trick or treaters are in the 16-25 age group.

Reactions: TrucksNCoffee
1 - 14 of 14 Posts