Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything wrong with that?

Reactions: Keith4001r

·
Super Moderator
40,396 Posts
Knock the primer out and fill the primer pocket with hot glue, and cut flush with base of cartridge. This will add a little give to the strike. As the glue wears down just replace it.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Knock the primer out and fill the primer pocket with hot glue, and cut flush with base of cartridge. This will add a little give to the strike. As the glue wears down just replace it.
Never thought of that, but great ideer there fishinkeylargo!!! But that would only work with a wheel gun..right?

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
You could make a wax dummy bullet so they would feed.
Been thinking of doing that myself for my 9mm.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Some people use the rubber off the regular eraser to fill the primer holes. It’s supposed to be a long lasting setup. I have never tried it myself though.

Cheers,
Mad

·
Registered
545 Posts
And to think I was gonna get some fancy store-bought snap caps!

·
Super Moderator
40,396 Posts
Never thought of that, but great ideer there fishinkeylargo!!! But that would only work with a wheel gun..right?
I do the same thing with my auto rounds, I reload so I just add a bullet to the set up so it cycles fine. They also work great for practice clearing jams when you mix them into regular rounds at the range. If I add a bullet the case gets a red ring painted on it and a small hole drilled in it. This makes them stick out so they do not get loaded as live rounds accidentally.

Reactions: Keith4001r

·
Super Moderator
40,396 Posts
Some people use the rubber off the regular eraser to fill the primer holes. It’s supposed to be a long lasting setup. I have never tried it myself though.

Cheers,
Mad
I tried that, most be doing it wrong, I can never get the eraser to stay very long. The hot glue holds up real well.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I knocked out the primers and hot glued a baker's dozen cases. You can hear the difference when the firing pin drops. Now to seat some bullets and drill some holes. You guys are the best!

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I think you're probably best off buying regular snap caps. The 'primer' in a snap cap is spring loaded and will basically last forever. If you use spent primers or rubber it will eventually get beat down so much that it won't be doing much to stop the end of the firing pin - which is what they're for. CZ gives you a couple snap caps with the CZ75 - two snap caps and about a dozen rubber inserts. Rubber will wear out. It's probably not a big issue as most pistols don't need them anyway, but it's better safe than sorry. Although I did manage to peen my firing pin block in my PT145 dry firing without one. It's an easy fix, but it's even easier if you don't do it to begin with. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts