Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
32,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found out this business has speedloader for the Taurus 94,nine shot .22lrf.

http://speed-beez.webstorepowered.com/...Speedloaders...Speedloaders.../

I asked these guys if they would start making speedloaders for other rimfire Tauri. Models requested were for the 941 in .22WRM, 990-nine shot .22lrf, and the 970-7 shot revolvers. The reply was that they were in 2012. Problem is that when in 2012 remains to be seen.

For those who have these models of revolver or are going to get them please give them a call or -e-mail, or Facebook request IF you want to see them put a speedloader for your model out there.

I have no connection to them at all in any way and will not.
These are the other new speedloader producers for the Taurus 94.

An same exact e-mail was sent to them, but they said nay to making for other rimfire Tauri. That was back a few months ago. However they might be pursuaded if enough people contact them to do so.
Speed Loaders

I still use HomePage from them, but have found other sources as well. HKS 94 speedloaders work well with the Taurus 94. These are light and small enough to disappear and be forgotten if put into a pants,shirt,or jacket pocket They are not in the process of adding to their line that I know of. Could be wrong.

SafariLand is not adding to their speedloader line.

I did all this as a exercise to see what is out there and what was going to be out there.
At least for us rimfire revolver users, there are some resources open to us.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I tried your link and got some German website for rubber covers for Blackberry's and such?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Educate a non-speed loader user.

I can understand and appreciate speedloaders in a centerfire caliber to carry along with a CCW revolver for SD lengthy gun battles. But for rimfire plinking sessions (usually at least 100 rounds) it seems to me I'd spend more time (and of course the extra $$$) and effort loading speed loaders and then using them than I would just loading my 970's cylinder by hand each time?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Educate a non-speed loader user.

I can understand and appreciate speedloaders in a centerfire caliber to carry along with a CCW revolver for SD lengthy gun battles. But for rimfire plinking sessions (usually at least 100 rounds) it seems to me I'd spend more time (and of course the extra $$$) and effort loading speed loaders and then using them than I would just loading my 970's cylinder by hand each time?

Yep, you're right. My purpose of getting a couple was for when the wife and I got shooting. While she's working on what's in the wheel, I can be loading the speedloader for her for easier/quicker loading. By myself, using the speedloader is like doing double the work.

·
32,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Two things.

There are people for who carry of the .22lrf revolver and it is that or nothing. Not my first choice, but for others the .22lrf is the only caliber they are ever able to shoot.

If out in the woods for defense or for fun, a bit less fuss with having to handle live ammo, those .22lrf rounds are small,then one does have to worry about dropping the rounds or having to fumble with a reload. Same goes for a the range.

More people are buying firearms for self defense, but are not gun aficianados and likely to put as much into their caliber choice as most of us do. A lot of people are going with the .22lrf revolver or pistol as their one and only choice.

Being neat and orderly on the range or anywhere else and being in completer control of the rounds seems like a good thing.

Teaching someone new? Same for them as for the mentioned reasons above and for safeties sake.

Loading the speedloaders is not all the time consuming when one gets the protocols down for filling them and using them.

There are also competitions for the .22lrf revolver where mandatory reloading is needed. That's why the 10 shot speedloaders for the S&W 617.

If you do not feel the need for a speedloader for your gun,fine. But others of us do see a need and use them. I do. For out in the woods I've carried and might still carry a .22lrf from time to time. No big dangerous animals in this area. I carry spare ammo for backup and for chance to shoot later. Don't have to mess with individual rounds.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Please understand I was not casting aspersions on those who own and use speedloaders - lol

Several of the comments were truly informative and brought up scenarios I had not considered. I was sincere when I asked to be educated. No, they don't fill any needs for me personally, nor do they need to.

·
32,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didn't take it that way,RandyP. :) An aside;: "Hey,guys!!!! Get that boiling oil hotter! We got us a pigeon!!!!"

The crew down in the Virtual Dungeon are just getting things ready just in case. :) :devil:

Just covering the bases and you gave me a reason to go into being "Da Professor?" again.

There will be a pop quiz later if Pop is available.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well, like every other aspect of shooting, practice is key. Why not practice speed reloads when you are out plinking? Its seems to me to add to the practice many of us buy 22's for in the first place.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
I bought a pair of those HKS speed loaders for a 9-shot .22 revolver I have because they were on sale and I couldn't resist. For target shooting they are practically useless to me. If the gun were carried for self defense or even just a casual hiking trip that might involve a few shots fired, they would come in handy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts