Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have several questions for you experienced Revolver shooters. First what are some good speed loaders for my S&W 642? Am having a bit of trouble finding some. I have read that HKS has one that works OK. Has anyone had any experience with one? Also have seen one advertised by Maxfire, but can't find my Smith's model #. Anyone have any experience with these? Was also considering some speed strips by Bianchi. Last question- Where besides Midway can you find a good retail supplier for these different types of firearms supplies? Thanks in advance.

By the way, I make a habit of checking the Taurus Armed forum most every day & really
enjoy the talk and the info available here. Good moderators make for an enjoyable forum.
Thanks for your time and efforts.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Been using HKS speedloaders and Bianchi speed strips for the better part of 22 years. On and off-duty. I may be biased towards them but they've worked for me.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I prefer the Safariland but also use Speed strips. The HKS speed loaders work great too, its all in what you prefer. I do keep some HKS around for the occasional times I want to have a different load available, different action means I'm less likely to stuff the wrong load in (unless its all I have left :'( )

From what I've head the Maxfire doesn't hold up as well long term. The rounds aren't retained well after the unit gets broken in well. And if you take a look at it (even in the online pics) its a much bulkier piece of hardware than the other options discussed here.

Steelheart

·
Registered
846 Posts
I got a couple HKS for my Tracker, they work well, no complaints.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I also have 2 HKS speedloaders for my Tracker..they work great...
Used them before on a Ruger GP100 at one time, they were a little tough, but still worked..
guess it just depends on the gun and ammo...
I know that on my Ruger, if i put 38s they worked fine..but with .357 i had to wiggle them a little.. :rolleyes:

I have read some posts on speed strips,seems guys really like them..guess they are easier to carry in your pocket than speed loaders.... ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts