Kinda makes you wonder about what is going on in the world..:confused:

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Muslim co-pilot?

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
The officials are quick to point out there are no indications this was an act of terrorism. BULL$H!T!!! You don't have to have Muslim ties to commit an act of terror! The term "pilot suicide" is being thrown around. This isn't suicide, it's mass murder by flying 150 people into the side of a mountain, resulting in the fear of this possibility for the millions of people that fly every day. If that's not an act of terrorism, I don't know what is.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
He doesn't seem to fit the profile of a Muslim terrorist at this point. Seems more like an Adam Lanza or James Holmes type of scenario, but that's just a guess.

I was horrified when I read this item this morning. How can people intentionally bring such tragedy into the lives of others? My prayers to the families.

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
Those poor souls . . . I can hardly stand to think about it. How do you protect against pilot murder/suicide?
If there is more than one pilot in the cockpit it limits things.

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
The officials are quick to point out there are no indications this was an act of terrorism. BULL$H!T!!! You don't have to have Muslim ties to commit an act of terror! The term "pilot suicide" is being thrown around. This isn't suicide, it's mass murder by flying 150 people into the side of a mountain, resulting in the fear of this possibility for the millions of people that fly every day. If that's not an act of terrorism, I don't know what is.
I'd argue it might be, but only if it was his intent to cause fear. And that, as far as I know, we don't know yet.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I understand that US carriers have a rule that if one of the pilots leaves the flight deck for any reason then another member of the crew takes their place on the flight deck. This way there is always two persons on the flight deck at any one time.

Sadly this is not the case for many other national airlines. I'm hoping that this may change that. A case of locking the stable door after the horse has bolted, unfortunately.

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
The co-pilot was a newbie with a total of 630 flying hours. And just finished his flying training, all sponsored by Lufthansa. This is extremely low time pilot for a complex aircraft such as the Airbus 320. In any case they believed the pilot left the cockpit to use the restroom and the co-pilot switched off the autopilot and took control. The second "Black Box" needs to be found to determine just what controls and switches were activated and what the instruments were reading during this 8-9 minute time frame. My prayers are out for all those who were killed and for their families.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Religion hasn't been mentioned yet but I bet there is a direct link. Who else, but a Muslim, would want to kill 150 innocent people including their self?????
I just think no one should go off half-cocked until all the facts are in. Blaming over 1 billion people for something that 1 guy did is pretty extreme.
we all get upset when there is a mass shooting and the left charges in and wants to take away guns from all white males, right?

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
Religion hasn't been mentioned yet but I bet there is a direct link. Who else, but a Muslim, would want to kill 150 innocent people including their self?????
I think I'll hold of on implicating religion in this at all until we know more.

(and this from a guy who doesn't like religion in general, who thinks christianity is just as insidious as islam!)

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Lubitz does not sound like the name of a Muslim, so I am going to hold off judgement at this point.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts